Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What are the chances..?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM
  • 22 Replies
I have the Mirena IUD and I know its like %99.someodd #'s effective, but I have been feeling really tired these past couple days, and yesterday and today a bit "off"... like my stomach just doesn't feel right, sluggish, just want to curl up in bed and sleep.

I want to say about two weeks ago I overly "in-the-mood," almost as if I was ovulating. I do not have regular periods with my IUD, I maybe get spotting every once in a while but that is about it.

I had my annual exam today, and doc said everything looked normal, I didn't really talk to him about how I have been feeling because it wasn't really bothering me until right now, I just feel EXAUSTED. But do you think he would have been able to tell if I was pregnant, it would only have been a couple weeks since conception, if by rare chance we did conceive.

I am probably freaking myself out, but I really just don't feel right.
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louzannalady
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM

The only way to know is to test. Please, do so quickly. With the Mirena, you have a higher chance of ectopic pregnancy, which is very dangerous! Remember, blue dye tests get evap lines! The Dollar Store test or the 88 cent test from Walmart are cost effective and reliable! : ) 

SAHM927
by Lesly on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I may have to for peace of mind.. But with my DD I didn't get a positive until 1 week after I was supposed to get my period. So I do not think I would get a positive this early if I was pregnant.

Quoting louzannalady:

The only way to know is to test. Please, do so quickly. With the Mirena, you have a higher chance of ectopic pregnancy, which is very dangerous! Remember, blue dye tests get evap lines! The Dollar Store test or the 88 cent test from Walmart are cost effective and reliable! : ) 

louzannalady
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM

*hug* I have been there! It took two weeks to get my BFP with this baby. But, I knew I was pregnant because DS starting biting me and my supply dipped. Lol! Just if you feel pain go in. That is why I love that Dollar Store test, you can stock up on them. I always tested every two months when I had my IUD, because I only had one period a year. It made me nervous!

Quoting SAHM927:

I may have to for peace of mind.. But with my DD I didn't get a positive until 1 week after I was supposed to get my period. So I do not think I would get a positive this early if I was pregnant.

Quoting louzannalady:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

SAHM927
by Lesly on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I have not felt any pain so hopefully it is nothing!
Quoting louzannalady:

VintageWife
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Test soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I would test ASAP. 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

sreichelt26
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Random question - OT. But I've seen a lot of people on here mention the 88 cent test from WalMart. I've NEVER seen them at any of the four WalMarts in my area. The cheapest test is a single Equate test and it's 3 something. I'm assuming the cheap one is a cassette test and they don't carry any of that kind. Could it just be where I live?

Quoting louzannalady:

melindabelcher
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:30 AM
At my walmarts (3 within 5min) they dont keep them with the other tests, theyre down another aisle.

Quoting sreichelt26:

Random question - OT. But I've seen a lot of people on here mention the 88 cent test from WalMart. I've NEVER seen them at any of the four WalMarts in my area. The cheapest test is a single Equate test and it's 3 something. I'm assuming the cheap one is a cassette test and they don't carry any of that kind. Could it just be where I live?

Quoting louzannalady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Your doctor would have been able to tell if you were pregnant by your cervix being blue.  I heard many women have pregnancy symptoms on the Mirena as a side affect.  Hope you have more energy soon!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I always thought Mirena tricked your body into thinking it was pregnant. Maybe that's why you feel pregnant?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN