Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

AF mom fired from civilian Tech job

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM
  • 13 Replies

because of the uproar. Can they really do that?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FebPenguins
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM

That is what I want to know!! I am so mad. She did that during her personal time right? So what does that have to do with her job?? I mean I suppose if she was, lets say a photographer for a newspaper, I could maybe see the relation, but as an xray tech. Come on, and we wonder why women get defensive about this subject.

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Oh no.. :o( 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
    babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

xoch86
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM
No no.. U need to actually read the srticle. She was fired because she would clock into her job, receive assignments then would be nowhere to be found for hours, only to finally be found and be told that she wasn't "feeling well" so she couldn't work.. Later on to find out she had actually be doing media, and promoting her breast feeding advocacy(which is not the actual problem), WHILE ON THE CLOCK.
She's not being fired for an uproar. She's being fired for misusing company time. Getting paid by her employer and going off to do whatever she wanted. No matter how good of a cause, that's not right... I'd fire her too.
xoch86
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Quoting FebPenguins:

That is what I want to know!! I am so mad. She did that during her personal time right? So what does that have to do with her job?? I mean I suppose if she was, lets say a photographer for a newspaper, I could maybe see the relation, but as an xray tech. Come on, and we wonder why women get defensive about this subject.

That's the thing, it wasn't on her own time. It was on company time..
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I just scanned it. In that case I would fire her too. Can't get paid to do one job and do another. NOT RIGHT. Thanks.

Quoting xoch86:

No no.. U need to actually read the srticle. She was fired because she would clock into her job, receive assignments then would be nowhere to be found for hours, only to finally be found and be told that she wasn't "feeling well" so she couldn't work.. Later on to find out she had actually be doing media, and promoting her breast feeding advocacy(which is not the actual problem), WHILE ON THE CLOCK.
She's not being fired for an uproar. She's being fired for misusing company time. Getting paid by her employer and going off to do whatever she wanted. No matter how good of a cause, that's not right... I'd fire her too.

JMmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Exactly

Quoting xoch86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Just being devil's advocate here....

There going to have to have some kind of an excuse to fire her, they can and a lot of companies *DO* make up reasons, and/or exaggerate to cover their asses...just saying.

I havent read the article yet either, can someone make it clicky?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Depending on if she lived in a right to work state you can be fired for any reason at any time.  They only need a legitimate reason if they don't want to pay your unemployment.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

There going to have to have some kind of an excuse to fire her, they can and a lot of companies *DO* make up reasons, and/or exaggerate to cover their asses...just saying.

soulofsunmama
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:28 PM
True.
Guess I was thinking Texas style, lol.

Quoting TrentsMom84:

Depending on if she lived in a right to work state you can be fired for any reason at any time.  They only need a legitimate reason if they don't want to pay your unemployment.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I guess we will never know at this point its he said she said because she says they told her it was because of the media publicity

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN