Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Had our baby!! Ended up getting an epidural :/

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM
  • 12 Replies
3 moms liked this
I posted a while ago I was using hypnobabies hypnosis for the birth of our son, he was born last Saturday the 9th! And I did use my hypnobabies recordings, but to be honest, my birthing time was way more intense than my dd5 birth..I started contracting around 11am Friday, and we went grocery shopping, I took a nap, a bath, and called the doula around 4 to ask her to come over, when contractions got intense we went to the hospital around 9 30pm, only to find out I was 3 cm. I was so upset because I thought I was much farther than that. When we got into our room, contractions were very intense to where my "hmm" noise came out as more of a howl. Lol my bf was soooo great though! We "slow danced" for hours and he never left my side :)
Eventually around 3am I had lost all fluids from throwing up a bit to much, and was completely exhausted! My doula suggested epidural was an option so I could get some rest and fluids since I would not drink anything. Before the words came out of her mouth I said yes! Lol which surprised me since my first birth was a home birth that lasted only 10 hours. I felt bad about my decision but got the epi, and fluids since I was at 7cm, to get some rest.
I still felt my contractions pretty strongly, but I was no longer howling that's for sure! We got about 1 hour of sleep and I was at 10cm and +1!
What I wanted to share and what was so amazing, is that during pushing, I could feel the pressure just fine, no1 had to tell me to push, and I felt his head coming out with my hand! The thought freaked me out a bit, but I will never forget how amazing it was! To feel his furry squishy head right there! Unbelievable!!
I pushed our son out in 25 mins and he was born at 5 15am! With a full head of hair and the squeekiest cry I ever heard! Ohh and some finger nails that put the receptionist to shame! Lol he is absolutly beautiful and I'm sooo glad I don't regret my epi decision! To go through labor without medication and with full support from my bf and doula was amazing! Then to feel my sons birth without any distraction of pain was the most memorable moment ever, I will never forget feeling his tiny head first!
We are so in love with our tiny baby Atlas! At 8lbs 3oz! And 19 in :) just perfect!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillj501
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Congratulations! :-)
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this
congrats mama! The only thing that matters is wether your happy with your labor/delivery! You did great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hello_kitty25
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Atlas at 2 days old! So peaceful :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hello_kitty25
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Checking out the world! Gray eyes! So pretty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Oh, he's beautiful! I was hoping to see a picture!

Congratulations!!!

Quoting hello_kitty25:

Mobile Photo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Beautiful! I posted to soon to see the pics lol :)

Quoting hello_kitty25:

Mobile Photo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naegore
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Congratulations!! He is a handsome little man!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Congratulations!

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Congratulations! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
    babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

WackadooMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Congrats! He is so handsome and I am glad you had a positive birth experience :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)