Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Am I so abnormal? 

I don't do the entire family, village thing. I don't like fifty people (exaggeration of course) involved in everything. Especially the birth of my child. I am very private, I only had my SO and the nursing staff in the delivery room with me. That is how I plan to do it again.

I know everyone is different but am I that odd? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
When I gave birth to my first son, I had my DH, my mom, the birthing center nurses, the OB, and a group of nursing students. It felt very invasive even though all the students and staff were respectful.
For my second son, it was DH, 2 nurses, and the OB. I felt very calm and focused during the delivery.
So I guess I'm a minimalist, although I'm not knocking a L&D BBQ!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SAHM927
by Lesly on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Only DH, OB and Nurse with my first. A student began walking in literally in the middle of a push, and that irritated me, as I said I didn't want any students, but he was kicked out before he even made it in. I also limited visitors at the hospital. DH has a huge family, and I didn't want every cousin's, mother's, best friend's, sister's..well you get the point. So after arguing with DH and FIL for several weeks, they finally said fine. Like it was their choice anyway! We only had immediate family which was really nice, but still exausting.
rebeccasmommy09
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I only allowed dh and medical staff for both my births and will do the same with any future births.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM
That's what I ended up having - my female cousin who is awesome and crunchy and supportive, my mom, who is... my mom, my doula and dh. And the nurses, of course. I HATED the doctor and pushed Juju out before he could get to the room! Lol. Take that, jerk! But I digress...

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

no. Ur not. I want all females next time but I'm still not gonna have a crowd!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovingSAHMommy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I am the same way. I don't think it's weird at all.

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Not weird at all.. it is like that for many of us! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
    babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this

This made me LOL! 

Quoting hapababies: So I guess I'm a minimalist, although I'm not knocking a L&D BBQ!

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
    babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I find it odd to have a whole butt ton of strangers looking at, and messing with, my vagina when I'm having a baby.

I prefer just hubby. Nobody else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiandmike
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I had my hubby and my mama. The mw and whatever hospital staff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heavenV
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM
I gave birth 2 times with only husband and the hospital staffs... I told dh I don't want anybody here but you...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)