Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
No shot for my baby. Ive been getting anxiety over weather to vaccinate her or not im to afraid of her getting a bad reaction and being permanently disabled. Im always going to worry did i do the right thing but my mommy instinct is saying dont do it.

Now to hear my whole family tell me im making a bad choice ...not looking forward to that =\
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Replies (21-26):
soulofsunmama
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Thank you!!!
I am still working through some of the guilt, I wish that I would have researched more, so much was happening so fast at the time, that I just ran out if time(bebe born,) If ya know what I mean, and didn't feel like a decision based on *unknown*knowledge was a good enough reason not too.:( but as mamas have said, its never to late, and thankfully I have a pedi that is willing to work with me without judgement:)

Quoting Gingerella:

I'm trying to make the right decision for my youngest too. I full vaxxed my other children without educating myself like I should. :( I have to forgive myself for that but now I'm researching for the new little guy. "Proud Parents of Unvaccinated Children" is on FB and they have tons of links and good solid info. Here is a link they published today talking about how some vaccines can show side effects up to years later and Type 1 Diabetes is listed in the adverse reactions. I thought I'd share with a Momma who is trying to educate herself like me. :) http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/m/mmr_ii/mmr_ii_pi.pdf

Quoting soulofsunmama:

I'm in the same dilemma, mine is 9months though and has been completely vaccinated until now, but I'm going to do a lot of research in the next 3 months, and his pedi (who's super cool about this) and I are going to talk it over at his yearly checkup. The way he explained it ( I'm not sure if he's right or wrong, and he's definitely NOT pushing down my throat) is that he would rather see the littles get their vaccines, since they don't have great immunity, and as they get older, slow it down more since their stronger, and so there's much more leeway for them to fight off illness. Again IDK, I'm still going to research.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree. I think everyone should know why they're choosing so that they can sleep at night knowing they made the right choice. I suggest you do your own research so you feel strong in your choice. And frankly it's none of their business. I don't vaccinate anymore. I don't like that most people vaccinate based on fear. That fear is based on misinformation. Know the facts for both sides and don't just listen to scars tactics
Quoting melindabelcher:

I feel strongly the decision to vaccinate/not vaccinate shouldn't be based on fear, if the disease or side effects. Theres ugly risks on both sides.

Get loads of info and make a decision on facts and science.

We don't vaccinate. I dont believe in general that we are created with a flawed immune system. I don't believe injecting chemicals into our body that we can't process is beneficial or wise. I dont feel the risk of contracting the disease outweighs the risk of side effect. we accept the risk of not vaccinating, we.understand how to treat the disease. We won't regret our decision to vaccinate even in the worse case scenario because we know we're making the best decision for our family.

Good luck!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I'm glad your happy with your decision.

NaturalMamaCZ
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Good for you.
Hyman
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Should I be proud or ashamed I lie too? Just to my inlaws. My parents know and support my choices. But my inlaws are the anti-crunch. I h8 them. Lol. Sorry. That's mean. :(

Quoting Melame68:

You could always take my route and lie. Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:51 PM
U know I always Vxed my kids but after having a tetanus shot with pertussis vaccine in it ( they combine them now) and having a terrible reaction to it I'm reconsidering
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN