Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
We had her 15 month wellness check today, and she looks good! I just adore her pediatrician.

She doesn't push vaccines, her kids were not vaccinated either. And same goes for nurses.
She is a LC, and same with a couple of the nurses. She has had 3 home births (this is by far the coolest thing about her)!! She took the time to explain to me why many pediatricians will recommend a vit D supplement to BFed babies, which is actually because many minority, inner-city kids, who were BFed were D deficient so they instilled it upon everyone, although it is not necessary. She recommends BM for ear infections, congestion, etc. She will not just prescribe antibiotics for any little thing. I am happy to say the only antibiotics DD has had was in her eyes when she was born, and nothing since then!

And she recommended some midwives to me because we are considering a homebirth for our next child!

It turned out to be a good day! I remember dreading to go to DD's appointments with her old Pedi, and just dreading it, but we switched at her 9 month I believe and they are great.
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
SAHM927
by Lesly on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM
They have a list like this in "I choose not to vaccinate group," and she is on it!
Quoting Shadow_Walker:

That is awesome. You should start a post similar to the crunchy-friendly hospitals and OBs post.. Only for crunchy-friendly pediatricians and family practitioners

SAHM927
by Lesly on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Crunchy is a term used for the more natural minded. Many women in this group consider themselves crunchy!
Quoting hellokittyy:

What's crunchy

SAHM927
by Lesly on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Me too..
Quoting squeekers:

no inoculations? egads. glad this isnt by me.

mich.el.le
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!!!  It's SUCH a great feeling to have a pedi who you can trust and relates to you!!!

Free_Thinker
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too Its pretty impossible to find a decet pedi around here

Quoting jconney80:

thats awesome! She sounds great! I'm so jealous lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:38 PM

wow where do you live? i might need to move there and steal ur pedi!!!

SAHM927
by Lesly on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Haha we are in the Suburbs of Chicago. :) We love her.
Quoting EthansMomma2010:

wow where do you live? i might need to move there and steal ur pedi!!!

vsop690
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Thats Awesome!

VintageWife
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:42 PM

That's so great :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)