Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What do they eat?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:02 AM
  • 27 Replies
My 11 month old eats Organic fruits and veggies and organic cheere Os. She also still nurses. My friends little ones eat EVERYTHING. Cookies, buttery waffles, hot dogs, the list goes on.

Now I'm not half as healthy as I should be. I'm working on it though. But I don't want my child raised mcdonalds like I was.

What did/do you feed your one year old? I know it's critical for her to try many things at this age but it feels like EVERYTHING has horrible things in it.

I'm really trying to do what's best for her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JanellovesJJ
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Well, the thing I try to do is focus on portion size when it comes to eating. In addition, I give them healthy options when they want to eat something sweet. I understand that it hard to do so when you think about all the chemicals and everything that go in to the foods/drinks we consume. I just try to focus on not getting something that is quick and easy, foods that fill them up, drinks that do not give them sugar highs, no caffeine. I nursed my first son until he was 17 months. you rock

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Baby should eat whatever you eat. Beans, fruits, veggies are great staples. Of course nursing is the main nutrition the first year and beyond!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM
At that age and still now I avoid anything artificial for my kids. When my son started getting full meals he ate everything we ate and was exposed to a huge variety of foods. We offer organic fruits and veggies for snacks. We cook healthy meals from scratch that are free from preservatives, additives, nitrates, food dyes, corn syrup, etc. The less processed food the better. I know what you mean though. A lot of people I've known give their kids all kinds of junky snacks. I could buy snacks that my kids could eat but they are so expensive anyways. Fruit is much cheaper and healthier!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Exactly!

Quoting larissalarie:

Baby should eat whatever you eat. Beans, fruits, veggies are great staples. Of course nursing is the main nutrition the first year and beyond!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:02 AM
Baby carrots, annies crackers, applesauce, cheerios
Alot of fruits and veggies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM
My kiddos were eating whatever we ate.

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Work on your self first.  Your baby is going to grow up seeing everything that you eat and will copy you.  Then just feed baby some of what ever you eat, it's easy that way.

Mrs.Salz
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Our 1 year old eats what we eat.... we have a whole foods/primal diet.

He gets a lot of cooked veggies, pieces of fruit, rice, beans, eggs, cheese, kefir, smoothies....

He doesn't get juice and we avoid sweets and grains.

ayla91
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

my DD ate everything we ate. the only thing she didnt was things like steak and pork chops but that was due to lack of teeth. otherwise, if it was good enough for me to eat then it was good enough for her.

Naegore
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:21 PM
I wasn't as health conscious as I am now, but he would eat whatever we ate. We ate fast food a bit because we were always on the go, but at home, we at lots of veggies and lean meats. Ds has always ate what we did. He nursed until 17 months. Since ds was 3, we have changed our diet and habits. He loves his fruits and veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)