Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Traveling with cloth diapers

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM
  • 23 Replies
I have to admit I was a little hesitant about it but still couldn't leave my cloth dipes at home. We are on vacation 21 hours from home. We will be gone a total of two weeks. It's not nearly as hard as I thought. I packed my entire stash except for some prefolds. We have had access to washing machines and dryers so that definitely helped out! I brought my big diaper pail size wetbag to store dirty ones in. We even packed all of our cloth wipes lol.

Have you traveled with cloth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Not yet but I will be next week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:16 AM
We usually sposie for vacation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:20 AM
I brought some for the car ride so I'm not worrying about leakage in the seat

Quoting peaches_04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rena_goldmoon
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:18 AM
My sons allergic to disposibles so we always use cloth on trips. We took 6 days moving across country from Arizona to Maryland and still only used cloth. We just found laundrymats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:24 AM

I was thinking about this last night. Planning to fly from Sydney to Indiana when baby is about 3 months old. That trip takes nearly 24 hours, and I'm definitely going to use cloth on the way. I'm thinking prefolds with boosters and wool covers. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:00 AM
I'm lazy. I use hybrid diapers on trips. Although if I were gone for that long and had access to a washer, I'd use full cloth too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:24 AM
I really didn't even want to. It's the first time she's been in sposies since age was born. I'm proud of myself for hardly using them. I've used them at night since we are sleeping in family members beds but thats it

Quoting jconney80:

I brought some for the car ride so I'm not worrying about leakage in the seat

Quoting peaches_04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM

our first vacation with the kids will be going to see family in las vegas for thanksgiving. we will be flying and there wont be a washing machine available so we will buy some disposables

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Yeah that's why I knew we could it. Or at least most of the time. I knew we were staying near family or with them. I upped my diaper stash before leaving also.

Quoting jellyphish:

I'm lazy. I use hybrid diapers on trips. Although if I were gone for that long and had access to a washer, I'd use full cloth too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM

We have and it was pretty easy, just did laundry once or twice while we were gone.

I did use hybrid diapers in the car for convenience though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)