Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I can't go anywhere

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM
  • 45 Replies
I used to go out grocery shopping etc when Hera was sleeping, but she doesn't sleep while we're out anymore. Instead she screams the entire time, and there's nothing I can do about it. I thought it may be because she wanted to face out in he carrier, but I don't think that's it anymore. I don't know if she tired or what, but I can't take it anymore! Without fail she screams the entire time we're shopping and stops the second we walk out the door.
What can I do? I can't leave her home because I have zero help. And I can't just not go grocery shopping because I need food! She gets mad when I try to nurse her. It doesn't matter what kind of carrier she's in. I even tried putting her on my back yesterday and she got mad when I put her on my back before I could even wrap her.
She's too young to hold onto toys. I don't know what else to do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FebPenguins
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Is it only when you leave home?

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this
How about trying the carrier called the carseat and toys dangling from the handle to play with? Not all babies enjoy being worn constantly. I know my youngest especially would just get seriously cranky at times because he needed set down for a chunk of time everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Yes.

Quoting FebPenguins:

Is it only when you leave home?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I don't have one. Nor doni have money to get one.

Quoting larissalarie:

How about trying the carrier called the carseat and toys dangling from the handle to play with? Not all babies enjoy being worn constantly. I know my youngest especially would just get seriously cranky at times because he needed set down for a chunk of time everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RichMommy
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Does she sleep in the car? Could you get a friend to sit ob the car with her sleeping while you shop real quick? I have had to do that before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:03 AM
She does sleep in the car. And even if I find a friend who'd be willing to do that, it's way too hot to just leave her in the car, even with the ac running. But if I did know someone who would do that I'd just ask her to stay with Hera at home.

Quoting RichMommy:

Does she sleep in the car? Could you get a friend to sit ob the car with her sleeping while you shop real quick? I have had to do that before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:04 AM
bump

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Maybe you could look for a used one st a garage sale since you'd only be using it at the store, the safety aspect wouldn't be a factor?

Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I see them on Craigslist a lot for $5-10. I know buying used carseats is a bad idea but if you weren't using it as a carseat, just as a seat for her in the store, it probably wouldnt matter if it was expired or anything

Quoting jellyphish:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:09 AM
i'd say shes overstimulated. Or she's too cold in the store. Like how you get all sweaty and then go into air conditioning and shiver?
does she scream as soon as you put her on you or after you get into the store?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)