Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Has anyone delivered breech

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:17 AM
  • 6 Replies
I know I still have plenty of time fir him to turn around but im just trying to mentally prepare myself just incase

I hear its twice as painfull. Is that true?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:33 AM
Nope, but I would try that before a c section any day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:43 AM
Me too...hoping for neithet though

Quoting melindabelcher:

Nope, but I would try that before a c section any day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:02 AM

hope baby turns soon!

Emadele
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:06 AM
My mother had me breech. My feet were at my ears. She said she only tore a tiny bit. And she actually said my delivery was easier than my brother who was head down 3 yrs later. She had me in the hospital so I was the first breech any of the nurses had seen and most of the drs. So they put her in the observing room so everyone could watch. And to top it all off they were training a new class of nurses AND it was shift change. :)
But back to the question, from what she tells me, other than being naked infront of a bunch of people she had an easier time than with a head down birth.
I would just suggest finding a confident midwife. And know that if you have to go to the hospital 99% will not deliver breech. Atleast that is how it has been presented to me every time I ask.
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I delivered frank breech. Yes, it sucked but it is not the end of the world. You must be strong, determined, and willing to do what needs to be done. You cannot stop in the middle and you cannot give up. I just did whatever my mw told me to do. I spent a lot of time between sitting on the toilet and doing deep squats. I had 2 mw. One was always monitoring baby and the other was helping me. I also had a great doula and former mw as a birthing coach (my mom). I had a wonderful team and I'm a very determined person.

If you set your mind to it, you can do it too. Make sure your mw knows how to successfully deliver breech and when a transfer is necessary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Khelmoria
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I did but he was the second twin and born in the caul so he sorta just slipped out. I have heard it is not really a big deal as long as you are prepared. good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)