Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Non-vax : do you have a plan for what to do of your child gets a disease???

Posted by   + Show Post
What of your child gets sick with disease ... (you've chosen not to vax etc) ... What will you do? Do you know how to treat it? What books or websites and sources are you using? Can you give me details.

My 10 mo old is not vax. I'm a sahm who bf him but it's still something I think about. The what ifs.

Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I agree with all of this.

My husband had measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, and pertussis as a child, and is in fine health. I had chicken pox and pertussis twice, and I'm in fine health.

Vaccination  ≠ immunization.

Quoting SAHM927:

It will really depend on what they would get sick with.

I would treat it as I would any sickness. If it is a mild cold, stomach bug, I don't even take her in to the doctor's office. But if your child is severely sick, I would take her to her Pedi, and follow her directions as far as medication, diet etc.

Many of the vaccines are for sicknesses that are completely treatable, and will not kill you. There is nothing wrong with allowing your body to fight off a sickness on its own. I feel as though many people are scared into thinking that their child is going to get measles, chicken pox, or whatever and die from it when the likelihood of that happening is very slim. From my understanding, the flu kills more people each year, and it is not on the "vaccine schedule."

Also if you are breastfeeding, you are contantly passing antibodies to your child, so if you were vaccinated you should be passing those antibodies to your baby :)

FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I've been asked that SO many times! My answer has always been, they will be in house quarentined, they will rest, drink, eat, and rest some more. Visitors will be warned of the illness.  If it seems to be getting worse, I will call our ped and follow his instructions.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
There's really no difference than what would happen if a vaccinated kid got sick, right?
I think I might start answering that way, "same thing you'd do if your vaccinated kid got sick."

Quoting FrumpyMama:

I've been asked that SO many times! My answer has always been, they will be in house quarentined, they will rest, drink, eat, and rest some more. Visitors will be warned of the illness.  If it seems to be getting worse, I will call our ped and follow his instructions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Playing devil's advocate here, but what about polio? I know it's not at all likely that your child would contract it, but how can it be cured?

Quoting kailu1835:

I know how to treat every disease that is supposed to be vaccine preventable (as if lol).

FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Or from how my kids get sick period. Really? What do you do when your kids get sick? Let them rest, hydrate them and cancel all visitors or let them know about them being sick. If it gets worse, call the ped. The question blows my mind some times. 'No I'm going to do nothing. I'm going to let them get paralysed by polio, flesh eating disorders with chickenpox, deformaties with measles and die from diptheria." The whole fear factor behind vaxes pisses me off SO BAD! "You have to do it or they could DIE!" Well I could die going to the store by being hit by a txting teen before I get shingles.  OMFG.  Yes, it's my hot button at the moment.  Lol.

Quoting jellyphish:

There's really no difference than what would happen if a vaccinated kid got sick, right?
I think I might start answering that way, "same thing you'd do if your vaccinated kid got sick."

Quoting FrumpyMama:

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

The best thing to do for polio is to hit the body with as much immune boost as possible.  There are several natural forms of vitamins and amino acids that can be provided.  Most cases of polio go away on their own, provided the body's immune system is strong.  So with polio, it's more of a treatment than a cure, but the number one issue is a strong healthy immune system.  You cannot get a strong healthy immune system through vaccinations.  Not to mention the fact that the vaccine for polio was never proven to do anything in the first place.  By the time the vaccine came on the market, we had already implemented sanitary conditions, and polio was almost erradicated.

Quoting schultzal:

Playing devil's advocate here, but what about polio? I know it's not at all likely that your child would contract it, but how can it be cured?

Quoting kailu1835:

I know how to treat every disease that is supposed to be vaccine preventable (as if lol).

babiesbabybaby development

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM
That part isn't entirely true, the polio vaccine has been proven to cause polio cases and even outbreaks.
Oh SNAP!! ;)
Quoting kailu1835:

The best thing to do for polio is to hit the body with as much immune boost as possible.  There are several natural forms of vitamins and amino acids that can be provided.  Most cases of polio go away on their own, provided the body's immune system is strong.  So with polio, it's more of a treatment than a cure, but the number one issue is a strong healthy immune system.  You cannot get a strong healthy immune system through vaccinations.  Not to mention the fact that the vaccine for polio was never proven to do anything in the first place.  By the time the vaccine came on the market, we had already implemented sanitary conditions, and polio was almost erradicated.

Quoting schultzal:

Quoting kailu1835:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Thanks. :)

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting schultzal:

Quoting kailu1835:

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

lol, you're right... it did SOMEthing, just the opposite of what they were hoping it would do.  Now every single case in the US has been traced back to the vaccine.  OOPS!!!

Quoting jellyphish:

That part isn't entirely true, the polio vaccine has been proven to cause polio cases and even outbreaks.
Oh SNAP!! ;)
Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting schultzal:

Quoting kailu1835:

babiesbabybaby development

PoodleMum
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I would treat it just that same as if I vaxed because I know vaxing does not guarantee that my child won't get the disease :)  I would do as much as I could at home and take her to the dr if I felt it was needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)