Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

pox parties

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:32 AM
  • 20 Replies
I was wondering how many of you ladies have done pox parties or would do them? If so.. At what age? Any other parties of the type you would consider or have done? And by pox parties I am NOT talking about the pox lollipops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:05 AM
I would go to/do pox parties.
I would do it with toddlers up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:42 AM

as long as your kiddos are over 1 im cool with it. the younger they are the easier it is ive heard from my friends. 

we had the opportunity recently to go to a pox party but didnt this round due to timing issues and my family coming and my sisters son isnt vaccinated but she doesnt want to expose him. so hopefully one of the kiddos that went will catch it and we can get it from them lol.

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I'm undecided at this point.  DH needs to get a titer done to find out if he had it or not (he thinks he did, his mom thinks he didn't) and our kids are still pretty young so we have a while to decide.

Mrs.Salz
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I'm undecided.... it seems odd to purposely expose my child to a disease, but I don't want him to get it as an adult.

sara_7106
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I agree

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I'm undecided.... it seems odd to purposely expose my child to a disease, but I don't want him to get it as an adult.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shadow_Walker
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:46 PM
I love this group ladies. If I even asked about them in another group I would have been bashed instead of answered. I'm still in TTC phase but am trying to find answers to the big questions now so I have those out of the way when it finally happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:49 PM

No one around me has the pox because they all got vaccinated :( So no pox parties for us unless we find someone. Does anyone know if she can still get them since she had the 1st vaccine for it (pre-education)?

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Well, I had planned on doing it the summer before kindergarten. But that's this summer, and I now have an infant, so I'm going to wait until she's two and try to find one for both of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM
In not sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM
I'm*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN