Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I finally found the time!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM
  • 8 Replies
To tell my birth story! A couple of months ago, I posted in someone else's post about how I was not happy with my OB and wishing I could afford the birth center. Well, there are multiple OB's at the office I go to and I ended up with one who respects my decisions even if he is more medical. Anyway, my birth went exactly as I wanted it! In a hospital!

It was Saturday, May 5th at about 830 pm. I had been feeling contractions for a week. I even went to the hospital the week before thinking it was time. I felt that the contractions were a little harder than they were, so I told my dh to go take a shower. Not 5 minutes later I was on the phone with my family (they live 5 hours away) and I could barely talk when telling them I was going to be going to the hospital. My dad could count my contractions over the phone lol. I txt my MIL to stay with our 2yr old dd because I wasn't sure I could talk. I was crawling around our house while on the phone and making sure everything was packed. Dh came downstairs to me moaning and rocking on all fours on the floor. My MIL got there a minute later and we were off. We got to the hospital and after being checked in triage, we were admitted. I was able to get right into the jetted tub (this hospital has one in every room and those are the rooms you're in during the entire stay). I sat in the tub for an hour. It felt SO GOOD! Sadly, the tub was too small to birth in but at least I got some relief during my labor. I got out of the tub after an hour to get checked. Then I went back in for another hour? I don't really know because I couldn't keep track of time lol. After I got out the 2nd time, I didn't feel like I could move from the bed. I know I was 7cm (they checked me again). A couple of contractions later my water broke. I was 8cm and fully effaced. The nurse left and my body started pushing. I couldn't stop pushing (the only reason I wanted to not push was to not swell my cervix) so the dr helped my cervix stretch around the baby's head. 6 minutes later, out came baby.

We didn't know the gender of our baby. Dh didn't say anything. The dr said "Are you going to tell her what you have?" Dh couldn't talk lol. So the dr put the baby on my chest and I moved baby's leg and was shocked! We had a son! He was nonresponsive so they took him to the little table to help him and less than a minute later, he cried and I got to hold him. I loved holding him on my chest! I held him while they stitched me and he nursed like a champ! 20 minutes! He was very alert and looking around at everything!

He weighed 7lb 7oz and was 20 inches long. He is almost 2 mos old now and weighs 12lb 11.5 oz and is 24inches long =) He is a champ at breastfeeding and is not vaxed.

Speaking of which, I was asked why on earth didn't I vax him against hep b? I kind of skipped his month checkup and went today, so the dr was going to give him his 2nd dose. I said i'm not going to vax. She asked why and I told her I don't like what is in the vaccines. The idea is good, but I don't feel it is a good thing to put some of the ingedients into a baby's body. She looked at me and said "Well you know these vaccines are for diseases that can't be treated!" She gave me a bunch of bs pamphlets and I had to sign a paper saying I wasn't vaxing....*sigh*
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Monadnockmama
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! lol at your Dh not being able to talk :)

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing.. :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Naegore
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats and thanks for sharing. The lectures will never cease. Stay true to your values and beliefs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:55 AM
1 mom liked this
What a great story! Congrats on your birth and your son. And lol about your hubby. That's classic! =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

congratulations!

JoyfulMommy1221
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Thanks! Lol for some reason we had gotten it into our heads that this baby was going to be a girl. Luckily we had a boy's name picked out too!

Yeah, I'm learning that if my ideas differ even the slightest from the norm, I'm bound to get looks and lectures. It really really sucks!
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Congratulations!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)