Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Anyone Do Hypnobirthing/baby With Their First?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:39 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am planning on doing a home birth and including the hypnobabies approach. I am very nervouse bc this is my first child so I have NO idea how my body responds to birth. I'm interested in seeing if anyone else out there had a home birth, with or without hypnobabies, with their first child.

dumbbellbarbecuingplaying soccer boypuppypuppy

Mommy DeAnna and baby, mommy Jenny, Quenton, Bella, and Rio.... We may not be perfect, but we're perfect for eachother!

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillj501
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I had a wonderful first birth using hypnobirthing in a hospital. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janislacrosse
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Quoting jillj501:

I had a wonderful first birth using hypnobirthing in a hospital. :)

I did not have a home birth, but I also had a great experience using HypnoBirthing at a hospital delivery with my first.
ProudLezMomTTC
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM

How long did yall practice the hypno? DId you just do the home study or did you take the birthing class?

jillj501
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM
I took a private 6 week class with a hypnotherapist and practiced at home mostly just using the cd that came with the book starting at about 20 weeks or so. It was really helpful. I don't know that I would have been as successful without it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melame68
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I took a hypnobirthing class and used some of the methods for my first birth in hospital
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM
I did hypnobirthing home study with my first and (so far) only. We couldn't afford the classes. I started early and gave each lesson 3 weeks instead of just 1. I loved it and I'll do it with all future babies! I had a hospital birth, but had no problem doing it unmedicated. Part of that was all my preperatory work and self-education, hypnobirthing and being really in touch with my body, and hiring a doula. I labored at home for 5 1/2 hours, when I transitioned. I knew exactly when I transitioned. Then we went to the hospital. Since I was so far along (at 8cm, which is what I was aiming for since hospital policy is no epi after 8) they couldn't push the epi and I was obviously not in need of pit, so we circumvented all that nonsense. I pushed him out an hour and a half after arriving, with 4 minutes of pushing! I highly recommend hypnobirthing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Quoting ProudLezMomTTC:

How long did yall practice the hypno? DId you just do the home study or did you take the birthing class?

I would encourage you to read the (good) books you can, take some classes, and have a doula.     This will help you find confidence and info, and get good support.    And you can learn about a few coping-strategies to have in your bag-of-tricks.

;-)

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

ProudLezMomTTC
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I have already started saving for the class since it IS quit expensive. I have a midwife and a doula to help me out. My midwife has alot of experience in hypnobirths so that makes me feel more confident. And my doula will be attending a few of the classes with us. Thanks everyone for your input!

janislacrosse
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Quoting ProudLezMomTTC:

I took a class with my husband and we started when I was about 28 weeks along.

In addition to the time spent in class, I thoroughly read (and re-read some parts) the HypnoBirthing book at home. I also listened to the 'rainbow relaxation' track on a daily basis and did the 'birthing affirmations' almost every day. My husband loaded both the rainbow script and the affirmations onto our MP3 player and I listened to them during labor. It was a great way to relax and stay focused.

Mama to baby boy Lincoln... born May 19, 2012

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Great advice.. :o) 

Quoting doulala: I would encourage you to read the (good) books you can, take some classes, and have a doula. This will help you find confidence and info, and get good support. And you can learn about a few coping-strategies to have in your bag-of-tricks. ;-)
Quoting ProudLezMomTTC: How long did yall practice the hypno? DId you just do the home study or did you take the birthing class?

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN