Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

BRAG POST: My Husband Rocks! just saying... *DONE*

Posted by   + Show Post
so we are ttc.. And both have experience with other peoples children. Enough experience (plus hours of research) that we felt ok talking about our options for when it happens. Here are my choices and his takes on them. (due to being mobile and inability to make paragraphs I'm going to do each one in a reply. Please be patient with me)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Replies (41-44):
Shadow_Walker
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:16 PM
thanks for the advice.. I'll look into those! I have a lot of experience with other peoples babies.. But none of them used cloth. Since ours will be my first experience I'm leaning more towards AIOs since they look so much like disposables (but with more options for print). We figure if we start buying now we can have a semi-decent stash in no time

Quoting Gingerella:

If you hang in Cuties with Cloth Booties they have giveaways to Mama's who need cloth diapers sometimes and there are (or use to be) places that collected and gave away cloth diapers for free. If I decide to destash some of mine I will send them your way. It's never too late to start cloth! (and my ds is intact). You can also buy Sunbaby's from 5-7 bucks a diaper. I also heard Alva's or Kawaii are cheap. Also prefolds are the absolute cheapest way to go with covers. 

*cloth diaper fanatic*

Quoting Kayla060812:

Man I wanted to do cloth diapers so bad with this Little guy but couldn't afford to get started. Next baby I will dangit. Breastfeeding all the way here. I do vaccines thought. We coslept for the longest and still do sometimes. I don't worry about people touching because ivhave the biatch stare and if that doesn't work hubs has the DEATH stare lol. If you have a boy are you going to circ? My older boys are but this little guy isn't. Hubs isn't and at first it was an argument but them he told Me he wasn't and I was shocked because I was with him for 3 years and had no idea. His Mom confirmed. She just took really good care of it as a baby and child and taught him as he got older.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shadow_Walker
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:21 PM
still in the debate. We both KNOW we refuse to use public schools. The teachers are overworked and under paid, drop out rates,etc. We are thinking if we find a private school with good overall scores, non-religious, and we like it and its staff we'll go that route. If not? Homeschool. Luckilly I live in a city with a lot of educational options for fun places to go.. So it wouldn't be hard

Quoting Precious333:

AHve you talked about discipline or education yet? That was a HUGE issue for us was what to do about education. I want to homeschool and DH says no.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shadow_Walker
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM
overall reply lol. For the women who also have supportive hubby's.. That's amazing :-) for everyone I hope it didn't sound like "my way is the only way" I am a big advocate on doing what you feel is best for your family.. And supporting that others are doing what's best for theirs. I was just blown away by hubbys support and had to share.. I mean he watched the business of being born for goodness sake! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Mine still thinks I am weird for cd, mama cloth, plant based cleaners, natural remedies etc..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN