Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

At what point would you go ahead and be induced?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM
  • 52 Replies

If you were planning a completely natural birth, at what point would you go ahead and consider an induction? Any particular induction method you would consider at an earlier point than other methods? That turning point can be a # of weeks along, sanity, health of you or baby, size of baby.....whatever it would take for *you* to consider it.

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amberleigh81
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM
I chose to be induced because I developed preeclampsia and it was dangerous for my BP to be so high. Not what I wanted, but it worked out. I remained healthy, was able to deliver vaginally and have a healthy baby boy... :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:27 PM
4 moms liked this

If my life or babies life was in jeopardy. 

JazzysWifey
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM


Quoting JoJoBean8:

If my life or babies life was in jeopardy. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoodleMum
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM

 Only if my or baby's were in danger.  I got pre-e with DD and was induced when my kidneys failed.  I refuse to get induced again so we can avoid it if I go that far, but I'm already spiling 1+ protien at 30 weeks :/  I will hold out as long as my body lets me to give baby as much time on the inside as I can!

rfurlongg
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:35 PM
I completely trusted my MW and knew how she felt about inductions. If she had told me I needed to be induced, I probably would have been because I would have understood the situation was serious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:36 PM


Quoting JoJoBean8:

If my life or babies life was in jeopardy. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

If the benefits outweighed the risks.... right now cholestatis, IUGR, and pre-e are the only reasons I can think of.

Mrs.Salz
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I would start with foley bulb, then pit drip and hopefully have the pit reduced.

NO cytotec and sac stays intact until it breaks on its own.

lundaylove
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM

well i would never induce since ive had a previous csection. but only if mine or babies life was in immediate danger. 

Melame68
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Health of the pregnancy. Whether it be something wrong with me or the baby. I would go to 50 weeks if all was going well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)