Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Coolest Natural birth thing i saw today!

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

We missed the actual birth, but walked up literally 10 minutes after a mountain goat gave birth at the wild animal park!!! the cord was ripped or bitten apart but still hanging from momma and baby. we saw the bag of water finally break free from her and pop on the ground. and saw baby learn to stand up. saw an older baby who looked like the cord was still hanging but was dried and growing brittle. talk about delayed cord clamping!!! lol. it was just the coolest thing. i was never allowed to stay overnight at the breeding barn i worked at as a teen so this is the closest thing i've seen to a live animal birth and i took it as a good sign because we decided to ttc a few more cycles. just seemed like a great sign from God to witness awesome natural birth like that.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
littlelambe2
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:03 AM
That's neat :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:07 AM

That is neat! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:46 AM

thats so cool you got to see that.

WackadooMom
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM
My neighbors have goats and one gave birth a couple weeks ago. I went to see them a couple hours after the birth and the cord was hanging from the mama and she was eating her placenta. It was pretty cool. My neighbor even said, "You know humans are the only animals that don't typically eat their placenta. Maybe we should." I was pretty shocked when he said that because they are not very crunchy lol.
peaches_04
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Aww how fun:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Cool!

FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:02 AM

A guy I work with at our co-op owns a small farm and he was talking about how he had delivered a goat that morning before coming in. He had thought it was going to be twins but it turned out to be just one gigantic goat and an enormous afterbirth.  He said that since he's had the farm he's gained a WHOLE new respect for the female body, human or not, we are very capable of birthing our young.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN