Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

SO EXCITED!!!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM
  • 6 Replies

So we're not pregnant yet but TTC....and I've decided on the perfect midwife. With the previous pregnancy I wasn't sure who to go to. My husband was insistent that I just go to the OB in our town who my sister in law was going to. And so I agreed but before the first appointment I miscarried. After the miscarriage my SIL delivered and I realized I didnt agree with a lot of what the OB and hospital did so I started wondering if that was who i wanted to use. After some more convincing from my best friend Ive decided to disregard my husbands wishes and use a midwife in the next county over....it wil just be a 15 to 20 minute drive. She lets you eat and drink through labor, no iv, and of course tries to go th most natural route possible....even if you have to be induced she will start with cervidill and see if you go on your own then start pit and only use it till you start contracting and then turn it off nad see how your body progresses on its own. Whih to me is much better than the what SIL OB did. He broke her water with out asking and started pit when she was in full blown labor on her own....im assuming to speed it up for his convience. Either way I'm just so pumped about this decision and can't wait to be pregnant again!

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mrs.Salz
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

That's great!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Your just going to disregard your husbands wishes?

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM

love how this midwife sounds, hope your husband gets on board.

PEEK05
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I don't blame her. I mean, I would have taken the route of informing him why I would not be seeing an OB so that he would agree with my decision.  Most men do not study this stuff as to why natural is better.  I would have made my husband more knowledgable but I would not go see an OB if I was having a natural birth.

Quoting Sarah725:

JocelynsMama1
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM

yea LOL why not..its my OB not his....he jsut wants me to go to the one in this town cause its more convient on him....it wont hurt him to have to jump on the interstate and drive to the net county like 15 or 20 minutes away lol he will live

Quoting Sarah725:

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:35 PM

That's great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN