Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Need suggestions with 8 month sleeping

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM
  • 3 Replies
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to help me help my baby sleep longer at night. She is 8 months and typically sleeps from 8-11pm-130am-330am-530am wide awake till 7am then sleeps till 830am. Her naps are usually from 10 or 1030am for about an hour and then another 2 hr nap sometime in the afternoon. I truly believe in allowing her to tell me what she needs so we do baby led everything pretty much. Her and I cosleep because my husband has a very demanding job and needs his rest but he does help me out on the weekends. I work two jobs though and it is really taking its toll on me. I would just really like her to sleep from like 12-6am. That would be fantastic. I don't believe in forcing babies on a schedule or forcing things for convince sake but this is getting difficult. She is a very opinionated, strong willed, intelligent baby and I know it will be rewarding down the line but now I just need sleep. Any suggestions I would love to hear. Thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Have you read the No Cry Sleep Solution? There are some great tips in there on how to still bedshare and nurse at night and get them to sleep better. I totally understand. My 9 month old practically nurses all night. She won't sleep without a nipple in her mouth lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elisybeth
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:55 PM
No I haven't read that book but I'm reading the baby sleep book by dr sears now.

Quoting jconney80:

Have you read the No Cry Sleep Solution? There are some great tips in there on how to still bedshare and nurse at night and get them to sleep better. I totally understand. My 9 month old practically nurses all night. She won't sleep without a nipple in her mouth lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Does she take a binki? Try a wubbanub, they stay in their mouth all night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)