Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group! Hi!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hello everyone!

I'm a first time mom to a handsome 2 month old baby boy, Gabriel. I decided to join this group, because the longer i parent and the more decisions I make, the more natural I end up deciding to go, and I want to learn more about my choices before I keep doing things one way and then going natural.

For examples, when I was pregnant, I thought I would be formula feeding my baby but I did some research (and got some encouragement from SO) and decided to breastfeed (and thankfully made the choice before he was born so he hasn't had a drop of formula). I thought carriages (and putting baby down in general) was the best option, but I babywear more often than not (I LOVEEE my Moby and mei tai and don't know what I would do without them). I have a bassinet and a crib in our room, because I knew I wanted (ahem, needed) to cosleep, but they've never been used because we bedshare. And now, I'm going to be switching to cloth diapers.

So, I just figured I would join this group to learn more about natural choices for my son, and my family. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SAHM927
by Lesly on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Congrats on your new baby boy! This group is great and extremely helpful! Welcome :)
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Congrats and welcome:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 8, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on your lo. And welcome to the group! Sounds like you've been bit the natural/instinctive parenting bug ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this

this. it's incureable, but don't worry. you won't want to be cured.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Congrats on your lo. And welcome to the group! Sounds like you've been bit the natural/instinctive parenting bug ;)

NowImAMom...
by Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Thanks! I don't want to be cured, ever. Everytime I see him smile, I know I'm doing just right by him, and it feels awesome.

I have lurked in this group for awhile, so I'm glad to join and learn and talk to you all finally!

CafeMom Tickers
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Welcome to the group..you are a fast learner! I didnt change things til with each child...lol

WackadooMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Hi and welcome :)
NowImAMom...
by Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I'm somewhat impulsive... I want to do it, and figure I can switch with my next baby, and then decide I just can't wait because I don't want to do it a way that isn't making me happy this time around!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Welcome to the group..you are a fast learner! I didnt change things til with each child...lol

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Welcome :)

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Welcome.. :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)