Getting frustrated, no one gets it!
I'm 41 weeks today. Last check (which I got against my better judgement) I was still at no progress and baby wasn't engaged. My doc doesn't want me to go past tomorrow. He wants me in for a NST today and then a c sec either today or tomorrow (prior c sec so induction not an option).
So, I'm just not going in for the NST because I know it's just going to be a chance for them to try to pressure me into a c section and I'm not giving in to that at just 41 weeks. DH and I are willing to wait her out to at least 42 weeks and re-evaluate at that time if she still hasn't shown up.
The problem, is that I'm getting pressured from nearly every side and it's getting very tiring! My cousin is a nurse and keeps bringing up "what ifs" that can happen after 41 weeks. Nearly every friend and family member who knows says things like "I would have asked for a c section by now" "wow you must be miserable, how long are you going to wait to let them take her?" "When are you having that baby?" (As though it's up to me entirely when she comes because csec is now the obvious route)
My grandparents are visiting for just 10 days, the 7th - 17th. They came to see 3 new great-grands, mine is the last to arrive, due the 2nd. My grandma seems somewhat accepting of the fact she just might not get to see this one. My mom, on the other hand, is saying things like "She BETTER be here before grandma leaves". Every. Single. Day. I'm baraged with question after question, many of them repeats, about how I can know baby is okay, and when am I just going to have her already, and "what does the doctor say?", and "so you think you know more than the doctor?" and it's just getting OLD!
It's hard enough waiting when I expected to have her in my arms by now and I *am* miserable. To be hit on every side with basically the opinion that I'm being silly for waiting for her to come on her own and I should just get the csec already is just really trying on my nerves and my patience. So far it's not affecting my resolve at all, but I don't know how long before mentally I'll just start wanting to cave.
Thankfully DH isn't one of *them*, though. He is 100% supportive of whatever I decide but is personally of the mind that we should wait her out. He would just be supportive of my decision if I want to be done and get the csec.
Anyway, sorry that got so long, it's mostly just a vent. Though if anyone has any helps for what I can say to everyone, I'm all ears. But I'm very non-confrontational, so there's a good chance I don't quite have it in me to say what really needs to be said.