Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

more of a vent then anything

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM
  • 9 Replies
this isnt pregnant related. but i need advice. the neighbor that lives right behind me has kids. all day today (everytime i go outside) i see them outside alone. it bothers me alot. i dont know id i should call someone or confront them. this has been an ongoing thing. last summer they would be outside alone naked and playing in a kiddie pool (mind u they r young kids.) i have seen the kids going in and out a broken screen window (on the bottom floor), the kids take thier toys put them up against the wood fence (mine is opder housing so we have chain link) and stand on top to look over. there is broken toys and toys all over the yard. (not saying im a perfect parent either) but whenever my kids get outside i bring them right hack in (if im inside), if i am outside i will let them go outside and play. yes last summer inlet my 2 year old (didnt turn 3 till september last year) play in the pool naked. but i didnt let him run around for hours in 115° weather all day naked. i just dont know what to do. i know they r not my kids. but why is it that one little thing (like my dog who last summer digged holes in the back yard) i have cps on my door step but parets like this can get away with letting thier children (older and around the same age as my son) run around naked in a dirty back yard or climb threw windows, or climb on toy that are near a large fence to.peak over dont get anything?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PEEK05
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Is she watching from inside? It's not something I would do but maybe they are being supervised.  The rest sounds like bad parenting.

Mom2BAgain10
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:52 PM
i dont think so all te blinds are shut tight. until around 7 or 8 during.the spring and fall (but cuz it gets near 100° everyday they do what we all do and keep the ac running. just really erks me that id get called on for stupid reasons (people who dont like me trying to say i abuse.my kids, when i dont even spank, or feed them [when i.wont eat so they can], they are always dirty and nasty, i dont keep clothes on them, my house is alwayd.a mess.) yet im supose to ground a 3 year old, put pants and a t shirt on both my kids (when.its over 100° outside,) my kids get dry skin when bathed everyday, not to mention trying to pick up after a 3 and 1 year old. my house is clean. may not always be spottless but its clean. laundry is always done, dinner and food is always.made (even if that means i have to go with out), thers always clean dishes. but im te bad parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM
If you truely believe that these kids are being neglected either call non emergency police and ask for a child welfare check or call social services. You may be the only voice these kids have if things are bad in their home life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I would call the cops

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM
yah i'd call. Someone should be watching them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM

call and report if you really have a bad feeling about it.  I let my 4 and 2 year old go outside alone I can see them at all times and go out to check on them if they are out of my site. we live in the woods....I wouldn't let them play in a pool without me outside though thats scary.

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Quoting Brandy85412: call and report if you really have a bad feeling about it.  

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Quoting hapababies:

If you truely believe that these kids are being neglected either call non emergency police and ask for a child welfare check or call social services. You may be the only voice these kids have if things are bad in their home life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JazzysWifey
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:27 AM
i agree

Quoting hapababies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)