Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

induction methods ETA UPDATE

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:45 PM
  • 33 Replies
Got any ?? I'm trying to jumpstart my labor. I HAD MY SON DELIVERED EMERGENCY C SECTION DUE TO HELP SYNDROME. WERE BOTH FINE THX LADIES!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Pretty much nothing you do will jump start it untill baby is ready.

Try to relax, enjoy you time being pregnant and the baby will be here before you know it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM
3 moms liked this

The term "natural induction" is an oxymoron, means two words with opposite meanings paired together. Labor is triggered once those little lungs are finished developing and secrete the "I'm ready" chemical. Any step that tries to circumvent that, takes the heavy risk of baby not truly being ready and having complications. 

1stpreggers
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM
ETA unnatural methods that aren't pitocin.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Got any ?? I'm trying to jumpstart my labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM
He's doing great on his practice breathing.

Quoting louzannalady:

The term "natural induction" is an oxymoron, means two words with opposite meanings paired together. Labor is triggered once those little lungs are finished developing and secrete the "I'm ready" chemical. Any step that tries to circumvent that, takes the heavy risk of baby not truly being ready and having complications. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

lol.... what they said

How far along are you?? A full-term baby is 38-42 weeks. Some need a little more time to "bake". If this is your first pregnancy, know that the average first time mom goes into labor at 41 weeks 1 day (that's 8 days past your edd!). Your estimated due date is just that -- an estimate. Baby will come when ready.

All that said, here's your answer: sex, walking, and nipple stimulation come to mind. But, if baby is not ready, none of this will not work. Make sure you are calm, at peace with your place in life, and are free fromm anything that could be holding you back from going into labor. A lot of times, our labor can be delayed if we don't feel that the current place we are in is a conducive save place for birth. (kind of like a wild animal) A common in-office procedure is stripping of the membranes. However, this is risky (infection, accidentally breaking your water) so please do not opt for this unless you need to be induced for a medical reason, in which case, this would be one of the first "doctor-approved" interventions you can try.

Turn off your phone and don't check email or social networking sites to ignore all the "when is that baby coming?!" garbage! Enjoy your last few days of being pregnant! It is a whole lot easier to care for baby in utero than outside your womb :)

littlelambe2
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this

They "practice" breathing for quite some time. Just because his diaphragm is working well doesn't mean his lungs are mature.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

He's doing great on his practice breathing.

Quoting louzannalady:

1stpreggers
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:22 PM
I've been really sick and they're talking about inducing me . This pregnancy is just getting more difficult.

Quoting littlelambe2:

lol.... what they said

How far along are you?? A full-term baby is 38-42 weeks. Some need a little more time to "bake". If this is your first pregnancy, know that the average first time mom goes into labor at 41 weeks 1 day (that's 8 days past your edd!). Your estimated due date is just that -- an estimate. Baby will come when ready.

All that said, here's your answer: sex, walking, and nipple stimulation come to mind. But, if baby is not ready, none of this will not work. Make sure you are calm, at peace with your place in life, and are free fromm anything that could be holding you back from going into labor. A lot of times, our labor can be delayed if we don't feel that the current place we are in is a conducive save place for birth. (kind of like a wild animal) A common in-office procedure is stripping of the membranes. However, this is risky (infection, accidentally breaking your water) so please do not opt for this unless you need to be induced for a medical reason, in which case, this would be one of the first "doctor-approved" interventions you can try.

Turn off your phone and don't check email or social networking sites to ignore all the "when is that baby coming?!" garbage! Enjoy your last few days of being pregnant! It is a whole lot easier to care for baby in utero than outside your womb :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Sorry the end of pregnancy sucks.  It's nature's way of making us excited about labor lol.

lundaylove
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this

induction is induction is induction. forcing your baby out before it is ready is not natural no matter how you do it.

littlelambe2
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM

how far along are you?? And by sick, do you mean pre-eclampsia? Or just general nauseaousness, aches, pains, fatigue, etc?

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I've been really sick and they're talking about inducing me . This pregnancy is just getting more difficult.

Quoting littlelambe2:

lol.... what they said

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN