Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Naturally inducing labor

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

I know there's not sure way of inducing if baby isn't ready. My midwife told me to try red raspberry leaf tea and I also got it in capsule form. I'm also been having alot of sex (hubby has been very happy about this one! lol) and walking quite a bit. I was just curious if any of you had exsperience with anything, mostly the red raspberry leaf supplement, and if any of it worked for you. :) I knows it's mostly a waiting game so I'm trying to be patient but it's hard! 

Proud Breastfeeding, Non-Vaxing, Natural Birthing, Stay-at-Home Mom of One

(soon to be two!)

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
saltyalley1227
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:26 PM
The red raspberry won't induce labor as much as it will prepare you for when labor does come. It helps tone your uterus to make contractions more productive.
Sex will help soften your cervix and can induce some contracting. That's honestly the only thing that made ne feel a difference, but it did not cause me to progress at all, only be in pain for a few hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Red raspberry leaf will not cause your body to go into labor.  It will tone your uterus but it will not start anything-feel free to keep taking it for the purpose of uterine health and strength though.  Sex and walking won't make labor start either but you can continue to do them for the enjoyment and exercise. 

Do whatever makes you feel comfortable those last few days/weeks:  mild exercise, enjoying whatever foods you like, massage, chiropractor.  Get plenty of rest and keep yourself hydrated.  Don't do spicy foods, laxatives or strenuous activities.  These don't work either but can have negative consequences as well. 

KCartair
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Try swatting for a while
lundaylove
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

red raspberry leaf tea (and capsules) will NEVER put you into labor. not even if you and baby are ready. All it is is a uterine toner- NOT AN INDUCER. 

Stop rushing babies. nothing you do will make baby come out. Nothing forcing baby out will be natural. NATURAL is nature. you dont see animals forcing their babies to be born before they are ready.

swmmra
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Nipple stimulation has worked really well for a few of my friends. 

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:28 PM

It is hard, but hang in there.. baby will come when ready!  ((hugs))

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN