Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bumbo seats..are there any drawback for the spine or hips?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 4 children, never had a bumbo seat for the older 3.  Was considering buying one from my friend that runs a consignment shop for he youngest. I know crotch danglers(think bjorn carrier), exersaucers, jumperoos, are all bad for baby's hips so I don't use those.  But what about Bumbo seats?  He doesn't sit in any other contraptions except an infant seat when we drive(I babywear w/ a moby when shopping, never take the carseat out of the van). 

UPDATE.  I was conflicted but I decided to go for it.  My plan is to not have him in it for more than 10min or so at a time and probably only once a day.  And only after he has turned me down for tummy time.  He enjoyed siting in one so much when we were visiting my mom(she runs a daycare so she has one) that I really wanted it.  He'll only use it while I am sitting there on the floor with him.  I have 3 other children so we could do some craft project or something while he watches.  I know it's a frivolous buy but for $18 and knowing I will probably be able to resell it for 15 made it worth it for this short amountof fun.  He didn't slump in it when we tried it yesterday so that's neat and his grin was so huge!  I think since I won't use all the other baby contraptions(aside from my Moby wrap..which is good for baby) that it will be okay.

Lynette-Homeschooling SAHM  of 4.  Living in WI. 

Come join me in LDS Homeschoolers

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Replies (31-32):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM

My 15 month old still loves the bumbo

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I used it for short period of time until my kids thighs got quickly too big then gave it to my SIL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)