Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Placenta Encapsulation. Anyone? tips?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi all! I am 19 years old and this is my first child and i have been looking up things to better my child and myeslf during and after delivery. And this is something i have come upon.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1577334/Placenta_Encapsulation_Instructions_w_Pictures

The benifits make sense, infact it kind of all makes sense... i mean every other mamal eats there placentas.. why not humans? But heres the problem.. no matter if i hire someone (which i am currently speaking with someone i may contract with) or if i do it myself, im going to have to do it in the home im staying in.. with mother in law!? Great huh? And shes the typical picky pitch a fit over anything mother in law.. Just my luck.

So heres some questions.. anyone ever had this done? Did it really benifit you?

How would you convince someon to let you do this? I mean it is for the health of you and your baby, but some may see it as canabilism or satanic ritual. But its not at all :( Any advice?

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lundaylove
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

i would jsut explain the benefits to your MIL and dont give her any other option. just do it. 

ttcwlee_18
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:30 PM

ya thats one way to do it, till she pulls the "this is my house" card. LOL. thanks :)

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:39 PM
I've started recently looking into it (not currently pregnant, just thinking of the future lol). Maybe try finding someone who can do it for you at another location?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jules_
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:02 PM
I did it and really am glad that I did. Since you don't live in your own house you could ask the lady that is doing it if she would make an exception for you under the circumstances. She just might. Hen all your MIL would know is you were taking special vitamins to help out with post partum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Yes I had a baby in the NICU and once I started taking my placenta pills I felt my hormones regulate a lot better and wasn't a crying mess 24 hours a day.  It was my first so I don't have anything to compare to completely but I felt that I had a lot of things that could've lead to PPD and didn't so that was enough for me. 

Technically I think almost all encapsulators have to prepare the placenta at mom's residence (otherwise there are legal issues with transporting organs) but maybe you could have your SO take it to the encapsulators house or she has a solution for you.  Or you could do it yourself at someone else's house?  I don't know how bad your MIL is (mine would beweirded out but wouldn't have the balls to say much) but if she's pretty bad you've probably got a lot of this is my house battles and avoiding this one might be less stress.

ttcwlee_18
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM

ive found 3, they all by liscence have to do it in your home.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

I've started recently looking into it (not currently pregnant, just thinking of the future lol). Maybe try finding someone who can do it for you at another location?

ttcwlee_18
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:19 PM

haha, just a thought.. wonder if i could b.s my m.i.l into thinking its something the docs STRONGLY recomended to me. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN