Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Constipation?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm just wondering if any of you ladies have any suggestions.

Gracie is 10 months old. She's been constipated since about 3 months old. Even totally EBF. I give her probiotics every day that has 10 billion cultures and she's still constipated. She is just really, really wanting to eat more food. I've been holding her back because of her tummy. But now she's screaming at us any time she sees us eating (I was trying to keep it down to once a day). She is only feeding herself organic fruit or veggies at this point and we have been taking it slow.

What else can I do?

I know if I tell her pedi she will suggest Miralax or something else I don't want to give her. I really don't want to give her juice but at this point I may not have a choice. She's miserable. I thought she would have less problems after she started eating since it would help push things along but nope!

I'm guessing maybe she has more food allergies than we know =( She's broken out twice now in hives from eating avocado. So far we only knew about wheat and eggs. Now the avocado.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

it can be fixed by a chiropractic adjustment(infant adjustments are really gentle, mine giggles during). This is what I would try FIRST.   Another thing could be your diet.  Since your know hat she reacts to wheat, eggs, and avocadoI would eliminate those from your diet.  On that line I would really try doing dairy free too.  It will take a few weeks for it to clear out of your system(took 8wks on the allergy diet for DD's eczema to clear up).  Honestly dairy is usually the one that causes this.  Once you DO start solids pear juice is really good for constipation.

As for solids I have a suggestion!  Try pumping and freezing some breastmilk into cubes.  And then put them in a mesh feeder.  She thinks she's getting something different when it's really just the same ;)  Another idea is breastmilk  or water on a spoon.  My DD had a lot of food sensitivities so I held of solids till 10mo and those where my 2 tricks.

peaches_04
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM
I L U massage?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:53 AM
I second trying to relieve constipation by cutting out dairy. Also, frozen breastmilk cubes in a mesh feeder was a life saver for us until dd was ready to start solids.

Quoting Lynette:

it can be fixed by a chiropractic adjustment(infant adjustments are really gentle, mine giggles during). This is what I would try FIRST.   Another thing could be your diet.  Since your know hat she reacts to wheat, eggs, and avocadoI would eliminate those from your diet.  On that line I would really try doing dairy free too.  It will take a few weeks for it to clear out of your system(took 8wks on the allergy diet for DD's eczema to clear up).  Honestly dairy is usually the one that causes this.  Once you DO start solids pear juice is really good for constipation.

As for solids I have a suggestion!  Try pumping and freezing some breastmilk into cubes.  And then put them in a mesh feeder.  She thinks she's getting something different when it's really just the same ;)  Another idea is breastmilk  or water on a spoon.  My DD had a lot of food sensitivities so I held of solids till 10mo and those where my 2 tricks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the tips! I like the frozen breastmilk idea =) I've been dairy free/ egg free for two years. I still eat very small amounts of gluten (Ugh this is the hardest). She's so allergic to eggs that I ate the tiniest amount after 18 months egg free and she broke out in eczema all over her immediately =( I'll just have to totally cut out the gluten. I honestly think it's something else because I've been gluten free for months and it didn't help o_O It took us 2.5 years to realize our son is allergic to citrus and tomatoes! So hopefully we will figure it out sooner than that!
Quoting Lynette:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM
What is this?

Quoting peaches_04:

I L U massage?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:28 PM
look up you tube videos
I l u baby massage

Quoting jconney80:

What is this?

Quoting peaches_04:

I L U massage?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:44 PM
This has to be so frustrating! Poor baby! I wish i had some ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN