Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What could be causing this?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM
  • 6 Replies
I get heartburn/ indigestion so much. Ever since I had/ was pregnant with my son it never lets up. I have to always have Tums on hand with me at all times.

I thought that eating healthier would help it go away. Boy was I wrong. It's almost like now I'm really super sensitive to EVERYTHING. If it's just the slightest bit greasy or seasoned spicy it gives me horrible heartburn. I just don't understand! My hubby is telling me it's more than heartburn but I just don't want to go to the Dr and get medicine. I just really thought eating healthier would help not make it worse.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM

My grandmother had GERD, which made EVERYTHING give her heartburn/indigestion. :-/

That's the only thing that comes to mind.

VintageWife
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Bump!

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Thanks! I will look into it =)

Quoting schultzal:

My grandmother had GERD, which made EVERYTHING give her heartburn/indigestion. :-/

That's the only thing that comes to mind.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:52 AM
An ulcer caused this for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Sometimes after frequent heartburn you have some erosion on your esophagus (similar to GERD). I had horrible heartburn with my first pregnancy. After she was born it stayed with me, lol. My family doctor prescribed (I can't even remember what it was now, lol), and I only had to take it daily for about a month. I think it is an OTC medication now. He said some people need something short term, and not permanently. Luckily I was one of those people. Good luck and feel better!

Mrs.Salz
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:21 AM

A friend of mine has heartburn all the time and she's really healthy. She pays a lot of attention to eating alkaline vs. acidic foods which she says helps a lot.

A hazelwood necklace helps her some .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)