Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
Gracie just did her first sign today at 10 months! I'm so excited =) She signed "milk" when I went to put her in the Boba to nurse her lol. I've been slacking! I need to get on the ball and teach her a lot more now that she is getting it.

Who else is doing signing with their babies or plans to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Replies (11-18):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh you can get the Baby Signing Time videos at the library

Quoting schultzal:

Thank you! I will look those up. :)

Quoting jconney80:

I used Baby Signing Time videos for myself and hubby. Then I would look up how to do signs on www.aslpro.com. They have video dictionaries. There are videos for each word showing you how to do it.

We taught my two year old over 200. We would point it out then sign it several times while saying it several times. Just lots of repetition and using it while speaking about it in context.

Quoting schultzal:

I am planning to! If you know of any excellent resources, please let me know. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I sign with mine. She signs a lot. at least 5 signs but she understands more. Im tired but she may sign more. There is a diaper song on Youtube.

When my diapers wet I get upset, I want it off, I cry, please change me.

My LO loves it. lol.

VintageWife
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I only did it with my second because he did not talk.

littlelambe2
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:24 AM

That's awesome ;) We didn't do signing with our first, and I'm unlikely to do signing with this one. I think the main reason is because dh wouldn't be on board with it and I don't want to have to do it all myself. DD let me know what she needed without doing specific signs. Worked for us :)

LondonsMomma84
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:38 AM
I didn't start with my first until he was 1 but e used milk, eat, ad please until he started talking recently. I did not work with him hardly at all and he gOT it FAST! I will start early with this baby once he/she comes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM
I started when Ds was born and certain words I always sign. He's almost 7 months and doesn't sign but sometimes he'll look at his hands like he knows he's suppose to do something. I always sign I love you and he smiles and laughs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:06 PM

That's about when my son did his first sign.  He did more and daddy for a long time then one day at the breaskfast table he did milk, eat and drink correctly!  Once he picked up those we've been adding in a couple new signs each week and he gets them fast (he's 14 months now).  We had to get a book because I ran out of ones to teach :)  It's amazing how much he understands and communicates without verbals (he doesn't have any words that we can understand yet).

He signs: book, daddy, dog, all done, more, eat, drink, milk, diaper change, thank you, duck

RTLB
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I did it with my oldest daughter she is now four and I am planning on doing it withmy newest little one, she is only eight weeks old.

Wife of Russell,Mommy of LindaRae 4 & Elise 1 month old:)
toddler girl
baby girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)