Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Elimination communication

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:41 AM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this
Who does it? How often? Have you done it before with previous kids?

We did it with my two year old. Now my youngest is using the potty a lot. She is always constipated so putting her on the potty helps. Today she used the potty all day but about 2 times before bed. My hubby has even been taking initiative to potty her all the time. I guess after potty training he's so used to it lol. We keep a potty in the living room for my 2 year old and it's easy to just put her on it.

The hardest thing I have trouble with is reading cues before they pee. Some kids are really obvious and they squirm or fuss. My kids are tough. I think my youngest twirls her feet first and kind of fusses but that could be a coincidence! I just know it took 9 months to catch a pee and now she's using it a lot as soon as we sit her on it! Crazy! Kind of surprised it's coming this easy to us this time around. It was so new and weird with Markus lol.

At this point it's not consistent. Some days that I'm home more she is using the potty more but other days she doesn't at all. She's 10 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM
We do it! My 5 yr old did really well with it when he was little, we did part time from 8 months on. I think the best part is that usin the potty is just part of their day like eating, sleeping and playing! No pressure just a normal thing to do! Now we are helping our 8 month old this way :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I have done this--   good stuff!

:-D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)