Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
So i have been researching the candida diet since my family has serious yeast issues....my mother was just in the hospital for 5 weeks with a septic fungal infection that almost killed her.

From what i have been researching a precurser to candida overgrowth is parasites. Most people who have serious candida overgrowth that cant be controlled through a glucose/sucrose free diet have much better results if they do a series of parasite cleanses over the course of a year.

So my question is: have you ever done a parasite cleanse and if so what were the results?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Ewww and LOL! How strange! Lol

Quoting justone_jen:

My biology professor in college was OBSESSED with parasites. And sea weed.

The only things I took from that class were that I don't like pinning insects, meat should be handled with extreme precaution, and sea weed chips taste kind of good, lol.

Quoting jconney80:

Holy freaking disgusting. I should not have read this post. I am sure I will have nightmares now. I have this strange fear of this stuff too. My 6th grade teacher told us all of these horror stories about getting worms from biting your fingernails. Its so disgustingly graphic I'll stop now.

Quoting justone_jen:

I CAN'T EVEN. WHAT THE.

Quoting tansyflower:

I have read several different types but i dont know the specific names...plus there are a trillion different cleanses that all claim different things.

I did read one womans candida blog and she was getting parasites out that averaged 8 inches in length and she had a specific name...uggh it started with an a. I was potty training and had a baby puking on me when i read it o.O

Quoting TrentsMom84:

Right but some parasites are good for our body, some are neutral and some are bad.  I was just wondering what ones were being flushed out specifically and what ones were contributing to Candida overgrowth.  Without much more to go on it seems to me like a bit of pseudoscience-we naturally feel better after cleanses because when you restrict your diet that way you feel like crap for a couple days then your body adjusts and you get energy and feelings of euphoria.  I think it's perfectly pausible that a parasite would cause Candida to grow beyond what our body could handle but I'm a bit skeptical if they don't name anything specific.

Quoting tansyflower:

There are over a 100 different kinds of parasites and they are hard to test for so i dont know how a person could avoid getting them.

I do know that once you have them they continue to breed and hatch eggs so they wont just go away on their own. most live in the gi tract but they can also live in different organ systems. I have read accounts of them burrowing out of peoples skin during a cleanse (puke!) And they can get quite large...okay i have to stop i am making myself feel sick :(

Quoting TrentsMom84:

What parasites are causing it?  What about avoiding getting the parasite instead (if possible)?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:44 AM

there is a theory that parasites cause such an internal disturbance in the gi tract that the yeast then has a chance to get out of control and cant be treated with things like probiotics or antifungals like diflucan.  for people (children included) who have issues that wont go away they say to look at parasites.  now i am no expert this is just what i have been reading!

as far as the constipation goes, candida can cause loose stools and constipation.  i was reading a comment from a mom in healthy weight loss and she switched to the candida diet for her son (who is on the spectrum) and his overall health and behavior dramatically improved.  it was just on their yesterday, maybe i can find out who she is so you can pm her!

ETA: JasonsMom2007

Quoting jconney80:

So is it parasites causing the Candida overgrowth? I'm confused. I was reading about yeast overgrowth for my son who is on the spectrum. And my daughter got constipated at about 2-3 months because I gave her 3 doses of antibiotics. My son got really constipated too, which isn't that like the exact opposite of what it does to most people?! I was suspecting yeast overgrowth because that was when he really started toe walking and I read that can be a symptom of yeast overgrowth

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I have ot but I am curious on how it went for others and is it safe while nursing/pregnant

tansyflower
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:09 AM

from what i have read it is not safe to do while nursing or pregnant.  the cleanse i am thinking of doing specifically said not to do it while pregnant or nursing....it had a lot of natural ingrediants in it but just because its natural doesnt mean it cant be dangerous kwim?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I have ot but I am curious on how it went for others and is it safe while nursing/pregnant

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Fulvic minerals. I had a live and dry blood assessment done and the nd told me about a super common parasite that feeds off the heavy metals in our bodies. He said fulvic minerals will detox the metals and the parasite won't survive. I also had a super common small intestine parasite that I took pau de arco and dandelion root for. He said to do it for six weeks, the parasites die quickly but then their eggs hatch, so it's important to keep it up for six weeks even though I'd feel better a lot sooner.
I got some pretty big results.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danichaos
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:08 AM
I was afraid to open this post. And now I'm icked the f out. O.O
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelseamcnorman
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Four words: The. Body. Ecology. Diet. 

The diet is completely centered around candida control and cleansing, and also defeating dormant viruses and pathogenic parasites. You need to check it out. I'm reading the book by Donna Gates right now and it's the most scientifically sound diet information I've found so far (and I've researched this extensively, since I have a daughter with autism spectrum disorders). 

Go to www.bodyecology.com and order the book. It's only like 16 dollars (plus shipping), but it's worth it weight in gold. 

tansyflower
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:12 PM

that is very good to know!  did it make you feel better?

Quoting jellyphish:

Fulvic minerals. I had a live and dry blood assessment done and the nd told me about a super common parasite that feeds off the heavy metals in our bodies. He said fulvic minerals will detox the metals and the parasite won't survive. I also had a super common small intestine parasite that I took pau de arco and dandelion root for. He said to do it for six weeks, the parasites die quickly but then their eggs hatch, so it's important to keep it up for six weeks even though I'd feel better a lot sooner.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:30 PM
TONS!!
Also, I want to add that I was nursing at the time, all these things are safe for nursing moms. He actually recommends a different herb other than dandelion root, the DR was a safe substitution. I can't remember what herb it was, but it offers a stronger liver cleanse.

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:28 PM

that is so good to know!  the other one i was looking at was a big nono for nursing moms.  i only nurse my son a few minutes a day but i would hate to have to stop completely.  did he reccomend a specific brand of fulvic acid?  sorry for all the questions!

Quoting jellyphish:

TONS!!
Also, I want to add that I was nursing at the time, all these things are safe for nursing moms. He actually recommends a different herb other than dandelion root, the DR was a safe substitution. I can't remember what herb it was, but it offers a stronger liver cleanse.

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting jellyphish:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)