Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What is your opinion? not OT

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:02 PM
  • 9 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sreichelt26
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Based on the info in the article, I'd say she was in the wrong. I'm pretty laid back about medical stuff (not going/calling unless it seems serious) and I would have gone to the hospital immediately based on how the baby was described.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:29 AM
This sucks:(
I would have gone in as well.
A newborn is a newborn, very helpless.
Makes my heart sad:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Irresponsible! And guilty. I was born in septic shock in a hospital and they told my parents I wouldn't survive the night and called the Pastor. Born at home she should have been transferred asap!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:33 AM
2 moms liked this
This. Although articles rarely report the whole story.

Quoting sreichelt26:

Based on the info in the article, I'd say she was in the wrong. I'm pretty laid back about medical stuff (not going/calling unless it seems serious) and I would have gone to the hospital immediately based on how the baby was described.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:36 AM
That was my thought. Because based on the info they gave, the parents were negligent too, KWIM?

Quoting littlelambe2:

Quoting sreichelt26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Thats just a few hours from me, and the hospital the baby died at is where I just delivered mine.
this is so sad. Personally, that baby.should have gone right in. I understand the parents should have taken it into their own hands, but at the same time I can see trusting her with her opinion, they trusted her to deliver after all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Definitely.

Quoting sreichelt26:

That was my thought. Because based on the info they gave, the parents were negligent too, KWIM?

Quoting littlelambe2:

Quoting sreichelt26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:10 AM

anyone that took a look at the baby should have known to bring the baby in.  If your going to charge the midwife than you should charge the parents and any visitors as well.  It's a sad situation.

illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Sad and terrible news especially when preventable. There can be no ego in homebirth. Sounds like this midwife might have had one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)