Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Interesting idea...wondering what your thoughts are?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM
  • 12 Replies

I know that pressure points can be beneficial to a lot of ailments.  I, however, didn't know there were pressure points to start labor.  Anyone here ever use pressure points or know someone who has?  I am not necessarily wanting to use to start labor, just curious.  I am also looking into pressure points for labor to help ease pain.  I figure it's worth a shot.  To induce labor, I may try at some point.  I REALLY don't want my midwife to utter those awful words "induction".  ::shudder::

Austin 2/28/07, Lily 2/21/08, Aubrey 4/30/10
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedToBeMe
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM

If you know a licensed massage therapist, they should know the pressure points & you'l get a nice relaxing rub down in the process:)

I talked to my midwife about it b/c I have someone in the family & she said that if I went over & wanted to try that before anything else she didn't see a problem with it

LilynAustin
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I am three days past due.  I don't think it will be much longer, but I may look into it.  It may be something that would benefit me, and keep me from having an induction.  I do have a feeling she is coming soon though.  :)

Quoting BlessedToBeMe:

If you know a licensed massage therapist, they should know the pressure points & you'l get a nice relaxing rub down in the process:)

I talked to my midwife about it b/c I have someone in the family & she said that if I went over & wanted to try that before anything else she didn't see a problem with it

Austin 2/28/07, Lily 2/21/08, Aubrey 4/30/10
TwoSugars
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM
My chiro tried it on me. Didn't work.
thundersky
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM

i know you have some preasure points on the ankel. also between your index finger and thumb is a preassure point for helping with labor. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm an lmt and certified reflexologist and have used reflexology (pressure points in the feet/hands/ears) to successfully start labor.
The thing about energy work is it will not induce labor, it balances your energy to help ensure your body is doing what it needs to do, be it go into labor or wait. If it doesn't work it's because you're not ready, but since it balances your energy it could make the process less complicated when you are ready.
I also had an acupuncturist work on me when I was 41w. I went into active labor half way through our session and gave birth three hours after that.
It works if you're ready. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:59 PM
I know a link that shows a bunch of pressure points for labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM

maybe you could get a foot massage, I hear there are pressure points they hit while doing that.

Mrs.Salz
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I would try it if an induction were needed for some reason.

peaches_04
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM
ive heard it can be helpful but im assuming like any other method of induction baby needs to be ready first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)