Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Interesting idea...wondering what your thoughts are?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know that pressure points can be beneficial to a lot of ailments.  I, however, didn't know there were pressure points to start labor.  Anyone here ever use pressure points or know someone who has?  I am not necessarily wanting to use to start labor, just curious.  I am also looking into pressure points for labor to help ease pain.  I figure it's worth a shot.  To induce labor, I may try at some point.  I REALLY don't want my midwife to utter those awful words "induction".  ::shudder::

Austin 2/28/07, Lily 2/21/08, Aubrey 4/30/10
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Replies (11-12):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:46 AM

I read about using acupressure during labour on some blog, and then took it upon myself to do more research. The blogger mentioned "labour combs," and I tried googling that with no results... So I kept searching.

Eventually, I discovered that she was talking about using combs (she had special ones, but pocket combs are just fine), held in the palms of your hands, to relieve pain during labour. This is a wonderful source of information on that.

That site also contains tons of other information on acupressure for preparing for labour, use during labour, etc. She has a great downloadable guide to acupressure during labour. :)

annelauer
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:01 PM
My husband did it on me. I was 3 weeks past due and facing hospital birth or unassisted home birth. It was really uncomfortable and actually kind of hurt. I did go into labor although that far into a pregnancy it's hard to tell if it was due to the reflexology or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN