Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

You've got to be FREAKIN kidding me!!!

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:27 PM
mel
  • 9 Replies

I'm pretty sure i have lice!!!! I have no freakin clue where i got it from! Whats the best way to treat this?!? I'm assuming i'm going to have to treat the whole family as we all share a bed. Ellie is only 4months old is that safe?

Thanks guys.

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rfurlongg
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Google cetaphil and lice. I have found it to be a natural, fast, easy and effective way to treat lice. I would not treat your 4mo old unless you actually find something in his/her hair. My middle child has had it three times and his brother, whom he bathes with and sleeps with has never had it. It is actually much easier to get rid of than most people realize.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cpflum08
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont think your baby will have them, unless shes got lots of thick hair. If she does you dont have to use anything on her hair. just pick everything out. then keep checking every day for the next 7-10 days.

HEREis a great link on how to deal with head lice, im doing this now on my 4 year old. she is the only one in the house with them.

lundaylove
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

coat hair in coconut oil. leave on overnight. comb with fine tooth ice comb until all bugs and nits are gone. wash hair. while doing this bag up any and all soft toys, wash all bedding and clothing and dry on HIGH heat. id steam all carpets and furniture too. 

Mrs.Salz
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope you can get rid of them easily :(

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Mayonaise!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

oh no I hope u can get rid of it easily.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope you get rid of it easily! I know there are some natural treatments out there. I'm pretty sure I heard tea tree oil can help too but don't quote me on that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Mayonnaise! My friends older girls has it ans her babies never got it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:25 AM
Thanks guys! I was trying to find.natural ways to deal with it but dh didn't want to "play around" and just got the RID. I hope it goes away. It couldnt have happened at a worst time. Kiddos didn't get to bed until an hr after bedtime. We have 3 back to back apts at childrens boston today! Things always happen like that lol. Thanks for all the well wishing and advice :) if this round didn't get them all I'll definetly give those a try :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)