Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I switch my NM?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'll be 25 weeks on this coming Tuesday.  I've only met one of my NM's once and the other one twice.   Neither of them have asked anything I want for my birth, what I'm against...ect. I did mention that I had a birth plan to one of them and she looked at me lilke I was weird.  They know nothing about me.  I need to know that they will stand beside what I want when it's time for the birth.  Am I right to be worried that I picked the wrong Midwife? 

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:29 PM
This is at a hospital right? I think you may need to look around. That doesn't sound good :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsmusson91
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM

No it's a Dr. office.  I'll end up having her in the hosptial.I really want a home birth, but where I'm from there is no MW's close enough:( Being my first pregnancy and that I've never experienced birth I don't wanna have a un assisted home birth.

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Where are you located?  There's a pretty good network of women in this group who can usually find you a homebirth midwife (if that's truly what you want).

It doesn't necessarily surprise me that they haven't asked you about your wishes yet but if you feel uncomfortable with them I'd seriously consider switching to someone else.  If you don't like your provider you're not going to want to have them be in charge of your health in a vulnerable time like labor.

mrsmusson91
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Either Lima ohio or Findlay Ohio. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)