Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Clomid Question

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am done taking my 3 months of clomid and I am sadly not pregnant. I was wondering if anyone here has been on clomid and if so, what did your OB do next? Did she put you on a higher dose? Is it just a higher MG or did she give you more then the five pills to take over the five days?

Just to answer some of the questions I know that are coming,  both my husband and I have been tested for infertility. All tests have come back just fine. My husband and I both agree if Clomid doesn't work, then we aren't going any further with other treatment options.

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                     

I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!!

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
themissheather
by Heather on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM
I have no experience or knowledge on that, but I want to wish you good luck ttc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StudentofLife
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I've never used Clomid but the research on it scares me a little bit.

I am sorry you're struggling with infertility. I know what it's like to want to have a baby and not being able to. I wish you luck and that you get your positive test soon!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I've never heard of more than 5 pills taken over 5 days but maybe a higher dose will be needed.  GL I hope that's an option before IUI.  A girl I work with went through IVF and didn't get pregnant but conceived naturally the following month, you never know.

purvislets
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Are they monitoring your ovaries to see how they are responding to the clomid? I started out on 50mg, but it didn't cause any ovulation. We verified this with ultrasound if my ovaries to check follicle size and with blood work. They bumped me up to 100mg which seemed to be the right amount. I got one mature follicle and we were very fortunate to catch the egg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN