Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CDing Mamas...question! PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM
  • 10 Replies

Have you tried the Kawaii covers? They are cheap but they have mixed reviews from what Ive seen... 

To save money Im leaning toward  building most of my stash with flat diapers and covers (wait... is there a difference between prefolds and flats?) so let me know your favorite brands!

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Ive only heard bad reviews on them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fahmom
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Never heard of them. I like my Rumparooz covers but they run $14-16. Those are the only PUL covers in my stash. I prefer wool covers. Disana are the best for the most reasonable price $27-30.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Haven't used that brand. I have a couple Flip covers that I use with prefolds or flats. Yes there is a difference between the two. I bought my flip covers as seconds and got them for $8 a piece. You can YouTube how to fold a flat diaper and get good tutorials. I use the origami fold for my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gingerella
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM
I have a Kawaii and like it fine. It's minky. I like it better than the 2 Sunbaby's I have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gingerella
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Prefolds and flats are different. Prefolds are already thicker in the middle and don't have to be folded as much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

i have several kawaii covers. i like them but one fell apart and as with anything kawaii they run small. as in my 28 lb toddler cannot fit them. i prefer thirsties duo with the snaps. just my opinion on that.

flats do not have the extra padding in the middle. prefolds are already made with the middle pannel thickers and they fold easier, hence prefolds.

i have all my prefolds from jackbenatural.com. had them for 1.5 years well used and only one has a small hole but still useable. i here a lot of people swear by green mountain diapers though too.

my personal fav is a prefold stuffed into a pocket. this way i can make them up and dh can use them without figuring out a prefold. (somehow that is a challenge for him. lol). very absorbent.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I love kawai the covers and the pockets....yes theres a difference in prefolds and flats..flats are like a receiving blanket kinda and have to be folded ALOT prefolds are not huge and have a thicker middle, take less folding

catholicmamamia
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

No.. my favorites are motherease, bumgenius, and grovia! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

NaturalMamaCZ
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM
We loved the gdiapers.
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Aug. 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I use prefolds and covers. I really like the indian prefolds from cottonbabies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)