Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton Hicks..

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm pregnant with my 3rd but I was just thinking with my other two girls and I never had BH. Well none that I ever felt. Is that normal?? When my midwife asked with my dd2 at the end if I was having BH and I told her no she kinda looked at me funny. I don't have any contractions till I'm in labor, that's it. Is anyone else this lucky? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommyofSoso
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I was with my first, I literally went from going to bed at 10 to waking up at 3 am with contractions a minute apart. But with this one I've had BH for a while now and cramping (which I had the last week or two with my first) for about a week now and I still have 7 weeks to go.
cpflum08
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM
So I might have jinxed myself this time:) lol

Quoting MommyofSoso:

I was with my first, I literally went from going to bed at 10 to waking up at 3 am with contractions a minute apart. But with this one I've had BH for a while now and cramping (which I had the last week or two with my first) for about a week now and I still have 7 weeks to go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyofSoso
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Or you're just really lucky.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM
I always get them...prodomal labor for weeks for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I've always gotten them with every pregnancy from pretty early on. I'm 19 weeks today and just started getting them the past couple weeks. They aren't painful but I feel tightness and my belly gets hard. It's likely that you have them and just don't notice, a lot of women don't notice them until they get strong enough to be uncomfortable.

cpflum08
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:10 AM
See I have never felt that, pregnant for the 3rd time right now. It's just crazy!! I'm 28 weeks today so we will see if things are different for me this time.

Quoting RochelleFS:

I've always gotten them with every pregnancy from pretty early on. I'm 19 weeks today and just started getting them the past couple weeks. They aren't painful but I feel tightness and my belly gets hard. It's likely that you have them and just don't notice, a lot of women don't notice them until they get strong enough to be uncomfortable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nikkole95
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I have never gotten them either. I was thinking of that the other day. I wonder if Ill have any this time...

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I've been like that.  No BH with DS and none thus far in this pregnancy.  Even when I walk, get dehydrated, have sex, nurse, etc nothing seems to bring them on.

It could also be that BH don't bother you that much (pain/discomfort are very relative to the individual) and you might "have" them but not notice.

I did start taking RRL this pregnancy in hope that it would help my uterus work efficiently next labor.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Aug. 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Not me! With my second I started getting them at 12 weeks. I hate them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)