Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a 25 lb 1 year old that I currently hip carry in a ring sling. I would like to carry her on my back so I can actually do stuff. What carrier do you like for back carry that she could see over my shoulder in? Side note-all those times I wrote "carry" just doesn't look right...please correct me if I misspelled that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Replies (11-16):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Yeah woven wraps are awesome. I have no experiences in back carry with one but once they are so old I really found the Boba to be very comfy. I know a lot of people love woven wraps. I still want one lol.

Quoting Duquesne:

They don't just use any fabric, you could make your own...but they guarantee their wraps will hold up, not stretch out so much it becomes unsafe. There's a swap on facebook for Babywearers that always has a plethora of lightly used options for better prices. It's worth the cost, though. Wear a 10$ seven sling for an hour and then a Didymos wrap for one and you'll save $ on back-related medical bills! ;)

And carry is properly spelled ;)

Quoting HeatherD1027:

Ok, so I just googled woven wraps and I'm wondering...why are they so expensive?! Its just a piece of fabric isn't it?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Depends on your childs height but I would thinka woven wrap would be the way to go to get the child high enough to look over your shoulder.  I prefer a Boba because I am just got good with wraps though I do plan to get better

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Ergo, Boba, Babyhawk Mei Tai..  :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

melindabelcher
by mel on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:43 AM

A woven wrap would be awesome for boosting him up so he can see over your shoulder.

I also LOVE our boba but i'm not sure how high up you could get him. :)

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I love my Boba, I wear my 1y/o & 2y/o on my back with it.

StudentofLife
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I am a fan of soft structured carriers for older children. They don't offer the versatility that a wrap would in terms of carry positions, but not only are they more convenient and comfortable but when they are heavier a back carry is really all you need to be comfortable. I would suggests a Beco or a Boba, but Ergos are nice too. Compare and contrast them and see what would be the best fit for you.

Kassi12
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App you could try this one :)

P.S. I love my babyhawk snap carrier, but I do use this carry for my 29lb, 22mo. It's the back version of the cross carry.

My Monkey was born on 9-22-10

toddler boy*Kaiden Anthony*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)