Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i want a homebirth!!!!but it is illegal in delaware to have an attended homebirth

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM
  • 3 Replies
I need advise I do not want to have another hospital birth.. both were without meds but both were rushed/ with my first they broke my water I wanted it to break on its own and my second they rushed me by telling me the needed the room so the broke my water and gave me pitocin and then left needless to say he was born with the cord around his neck/ nurse delivered him and didn't know what to do cuz doc was somewere else...

I want this one the be at home and un rushed.. do you ladies have any advice for me??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lundaylove
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM

i know a few women in delaware who've had midwife attended homebirths... it is not illegal for you to have a midwife, it may be illegal for the midwife to attend but there are underground midwives willing to take that risk. 

all i can right now is, if theres a will theres a way =)

noey31308
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM
How do you find a underground midwife and know she is going to be good at it. I've herd so many horror stories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TanyaR1024
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM

There are actually no midwives practicing in DE right now. You could look for a travelling midwife, have an unassisted birth or go to the birth center. Where are you located? Are you a member of DelMarVa Babywearers? Many of us have had home births :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/23355731641/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)