Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

So tired and need advice

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM
  • 19 Replies

Ok, well I m just so tired! lol. This week I decided to start a semi schedule and routine and part of it is so that I can have more energy throughout the day.....but I am beat by 3:00! I have been trying to get to bed earlier, putting the kids down earlier. Damien is 5, Gavin 4 adn Mason will be 2 next month. So Mason and I get up around 7:00, this morning we slept in a bit, I get up take him potty, fix breakfast for DH (includes juicing or smoothy and some eggs). Make some for myself. Wait for the kids ot get up and they eat. Then we head outside and I excercise just a bit (maybe 20 mins). Then we play and relax until lunch. Mason takes a nap aroudn 1ish, and usually wakes up around 3, and then I'm exhausted and ready for a nap! I almost fell asleep a few times but the kids keep bouncing on me. I have been better than ever about taking vitamins too, and getting sunshine. I dont' know whatelse to do. I never drink caffeine (on rare occasions I may have something), and when I do drink something its coffee and it always makes me jittery and doesn't help with giving me much energy. I just don't know what to do. I thought today would be better and its 3:40 and I'm so tired, adn cranky! :p

UPDATE: I went o see the chiropracter.....which was so nice....I feel so much better. But I did ask him about being tired. He checked my blood pressure sitting down and standing up. He said when I stand up it should be up by 7. Well, it was down by 10! So, he said there was a problem with the adreneline gland. He told me to take B vitamins and cut way back on sugar. So, we'll see what happens.

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:43 PM

frequent high carb snacks?

schultzal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Do you know if your iron level is ok? 

Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Quoting peaches_04:

I should or shouldn't?

schultzal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Hm, yes, this could be a problem. I find that protein snacks are the best for me. Carbs leave you to crash shortly after eating them, unless paired with protein.

Quoting peaches_04:

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I feel ya. last night we hit the sack two hrs early. today I slept in to 8 then fell back asleep nursing my LO. Then around 2 I get some incentive to clean up a bit and now I am so tired. I wonder tho if  I may be a bit depressed. I am trying to go to school, take care of my nursling and HS oh and get a business up and running. I am WORN OUT!

I was thinking juicing or taking those Juice Pluss+ pills again.

I have three children and two feel like I am their maid. I am so fed p with it all.  I don't know what to do do get them to pick up after themselves. I feel hopeless with that aspect of it all. I toddler that doesn't want to unlatch herself long enough for me to pee. Oh and I may be pregnant again. I am frazzled and have 2 years of college ahead of me. Then going for my bachlors. And A headache I can't get rid of.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Quoting schultzal:

last time I checked they were fine. I also checked my thryoid levels and those are find. My vit D intake was within normal range, but on the low side. I have been in the sun everyday for long periods of time, and I have vit D vitamins,but have not been consistantly taking them. Ihave been taking fish oil, prenatals and calcium.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Quoting Baby4us09:

I feel ya. last night we hit the sack two hrs early. today I slept in to 8 then fell back asleep nursing my LO. Then around 2 I get some incentive to clean up a bit and now I am so tired. I wonder tho if  I may be a bit depressed. I am trying to go to school, take care of my nursling and HS oh and get a business up and running. I am WORN OUT!

I was thinking juicing or taking those Juice Pluss+ pills again.

I have three children and two feel like I am their maid. I am so fed p with it all.  I don't know what to do do get them to pick up after themselves. I feel hopeless with that aspect of it all. I toddler that doesn't want to unlatch herself long enough for me to pee. Oh and I may be pregnant again. I am frazzled and have 2 years of college ahead of me. Then going for my bachlors. And A headache I can't get rid of.

hugs! I feel for you, I wonder for me too if I may be struggling with spirts of depression. I seem to have highs and lows, and I feel I'm in a low right now. DH and I are so stressed right now, financially that is.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

We haven't eaten a lot of carbs in our diets lately. Its mostly protein, fruit and veggies.

Quoting schultzal:

Hm, yes, this could be a problem. I find that protein snacks are the best for me. Carbs leave you to crash shortly after eating them, unless paired with protein.

Quoting peaches_04:

Mrs.Salz
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I have more energy when I take spirulina. I try to take it after lunch to help avoid that 3 or 4 pm crash.

TTC2Long
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:14 PM
If you're getting a total of 60 minutes a week of Sun exposure, you don't need the supplements. I'd add complex carbs - grains with at least 4 grams of fiber in them.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting schultzal:

last time I checked they were fine. I also checked my thryoid levels and those are find. My vit D intake was within normal range, but on the low side. I have been in the sun everyday for long periods of time, and I have vit D vitamins,but have not been consistantly taking them. Ihave been taking fish oil, prenatals and calcium.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)