Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Cosleeping and preemies

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM
  • 8 Replies
My little guy is a long way from coming home, but j/w for future reference...
I'm a big supporter of co-sleeping, did with my first son & was wondering if it is the same for preemies. I might end up side caring instead full on bed sharing, just for peace of mind...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sarah4gandh
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:46 PM

hmmm, idk. i can see both sides- bc preemies need to have moms body close so it will regulate theirs, but being so small, its kind of scary to think about a teeny baby being in bed with you. maybe you could find a group on cm for preemies and ask around there? the side car would def be ok i would think. Maybe you could sidecar until you feel like baby would be totally safe with you in bed? GL!

orangeshirt
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:58 PM
We coslept with our first, who was born before 36 weeks. But, she slept on one of our chests...she was colicky and that pressure on her belly helped. If we hadn't done that, she wouldn't have ever slept.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:33 PM
I didnt have a preemie but i had a sga baby who slept across my chest attached to my boob
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsAdorkable
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Quoting peaches_04:

I didnt have a preemie but i had a sga baby who slept across my chest attached to my boob

it breaks my heart, because he wants to nurse so badly... They de teased his morphine and he is having trouble sleeping & there is nothing I can do. I can't even hold him

CafeMom Tickers

melindabelcher
by mel on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:08 PM
:( sorry mama. That must be so hard

Quoting MrsAdorkable:

Quoting peaches_04:

it breaks my heart, because he wants to nurse so badly... They de teased his morphine and he is having trouble sleeping & there is nothing I can do. I can't even hold him

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM
IDK what happened or what's going on but kangaroo care is used all over the place for preemies. I'd demand it if possible

Quoting melindabelcher:

:( sorry mama. That must be so hard

Quoting MrsAdorkable:

Quoting peaches_04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsAdorkable
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Quoting jconney80:

He has gastroschisis, so can't be held until everything is in after his last surgery (which they think might be Tuesday)

CafeMom Tickers

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM

=(

Quoting MrsAdorkable:

Quoting peaches_04:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)