Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Baby Wearing - a bit long :)

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

So - over the weekend, df surprised me and took us to a baby store. It wasn't in our plan, he just said he saw a baby store and so he wanted to check it out. It was a Buy Buy Baby, I'd never been inside, just seen that one driving by a few times.

While walking through, they had a little shelf of clearance items - one was a Baby K'tan sling/wrap that had been used as a display so it was half off! I just bought it, plain and simple. It was black and has 9 different options for wearing that it tells you about anyways. It's one long piece of material. I got a small and I'm so excited to use it! It looks HUGE but I can wrap it and stuff.

Just curious if anyone has had one and their thoughts on it. I'm SO excited to finally have one, I'm 15 weeks and already bought one haha, I was more worried about finding a nice simple one at a decent price!

Any advice or websites/youtube links with ways to wear it that aren't advertised by Baby K'tan are greatly appreciated also. :)

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Wrapyourbaby.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this

They are very nice...just a hint do not face baby out and its a stretchy wrap so no back wearing no matter what it says

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I had a moby and loved it. I would Youtube some videos or go to your local babywearers meeting. 

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:48 PM

No experience with k'tan.. my wraps were moby, sleepywrap, and wrapnwear. 

Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I hate back wearing! But why can't I face baby out? When baby is fully supporting their head, I thought it'd be fine... Are there better wraps/carriers to face baby out?

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
It causes hip damage to face out. The hips, legs, and spine aren't properly supposed in a good position.

Quoting Momma2013:

I hate back wearing! But why can't I face baby out? When baby is fully supporting their head, I thought it'd be fine... Are there better wraps/carriers to face baby out?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM

For how long? Is there not a way to baby wear facing out that's safe?

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this
The short answer? Nope, sorry. Forward facing carries aren't good for you or the baby.

http://www.bobafamily.com/blog/2011/10/11/nine-reasons-not-to-carry-your-baby-facing-out/

Boba's sums it up pretty well.

http://theecofriendlyfamily.com/2012/02/babywearing-why-forward-facing-isnt-for-you/

There is a few good illustrations here too.

I used to have the medical hip dysplasia link saved but I guess it's on my computer. :/

Quoting Momma2013:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Good enough for me - guess I'll be going to the baby wearing classes soon! :) Thanks for the info! I can't believe how much I never knew - I thought I knew so much, only to find out how little I actually know :(

SO GLAD I FOUND CAFEMOM!!!

Nikkole95
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM

If you want baby to face the same way you are, you could do a back carry :) (Although you would need something other than a stretchy wrap)

Quoting Momma2013:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN