Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How can I interest my eight month old tooo...........

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM
  • 10 Replies

Crawling, she hates being on her stomach !!!!!! she hates it she does want to crawl at all, she sits up, grabs for everything , rolls over....... IDK    O.O

baby girl Maybe she is just spoiled :)

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:24 AM
She will when she's ready. Or she will go straight to walking. Don't compare her to other babies as they all develop differently. If she's sitting, grabbing and rolling she's doing great!
Sweetheart08
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I know she really smart actually, instead of crawling shell grabb the blanket i've laid her on an pull it to where all the toys are near her so she can reach them . to smart

jconney80
by Group Mod on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Lol my daughter did that too! I was like what a little genius! She will get it in time

Quoting Sweetheart08:

I know she really smart actually, instead of crawling shell grabb the blanket i've laid her on an pull it to where all the toys are near her so she can reach them . to smart

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cara.MommyOf2
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM

She could skip crawling and go straight to trying to walk. It happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cara, Mommy to two Miracles
Kole, 5 years
Michael Gregory /or/ Abbygail Grace, DUE May 2013
pregnancy

EthansMomma2010
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM

my ds hated it and then all the sudden he just wanted to and did it. he was the same with walking, and pretty much everything in life. lol. he pushes it to the max and then just gets it. its frustrating though. also my dh went straight to walking.

sreichelt26
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Quoting SadieJames:

She will when she's ready. Or she will go straight to walking. Don't compare her to other babies as they all develop differently. If she's sitting, grabbing and rolling she's doing great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:17 AM
This. Dd didn't crawl for the first time until her 9 month "birthday". And even then it was a pathetic army crawl. 5 weeks later she was walking.

Quoting SadieJames:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Crawling isn't necessary she may just skip to cruising. 

sj3starz
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:53 PM

My daughter started crawling at 5 months and was cruising on the furniture the day after. The reason I got her to crawl was by standing on the other side of the room and putting a bottle down on the floor next to me. She came hauling a$$! 

All babies are different though and she seems like shes doing just find developmentally if she's sitting and pulling things towards her and such. Is she standing or trying to pull herself up into standing yet? (It's still technically early, but just wanted to ask)

mollysmom328
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Mine kind of "army crawled" until 9/10 months or so.  She'll crawl when she's ready then walk when she's ready.  Mine didn't walk until about 15 months either, then one day she just stood up and walked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)