Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I need to stop co-sleeping....but how???

Posted by   + Show Post

David will be 8 months on the 15th. I have co-slept with him since birth. At first I really enjoyed it (and it was the only thing I could do due to loss of blood during delivery) but now it isn't working out. I'm 18 weeks pregnant and it is difficult to lay in the positions that I have to lay in with him. With our mattress being as "spongy" as it is, it is excruciatingly uncomfortable for Dh, ds and I to all sleep on it (I and up leaning into my hubby since he weighs more and ds ends up leaning into me, we push dh off the bed too). I have Ds's crib in our room set up and got a crib bumper. How do I easily do the transition? I plan on bringing in our rocking chair so I can hold him til he is in a deep sleep, but I feel he should learn to put himself to sleep as well. (Especially with the new baby coming. Please help???

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Replies (11-11):
kokyuhomama
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:16 AM

The book "The No Cry Sleep Solution" has great ideas on how to transition your baby out of your bed.  It saved me when my first child was 10 months old and I was ready to DIE!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN