Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Going to the Chiro for the first time- questions!

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM
  • 3 Replies

Tell me everything I should know! I'm clueless! Ha! So please tell me even the most basic things! What should I ask/look for/talk about? I'm going for an adjustment and physical exam. I'm going bc of hip pain left over from pregnancy/labor. Also thinking of taking my DD if it goes well. I'm going next Thursday (the 20th).

Thanks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
littlelambe2
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Usually they will do an xray. The chiropractor will feel your joints, spine, etc for alignment and adjust accordingly. You will be sore (perhaps very sore if you've been out of whack for a while) the next day, but it will feel better after that. If you continue to go, expect yourself to be sore the next day, with the soreness lessening with each visit.

I originally went for headaches 3 years ago and was shocked at how sore I was, but it faded after a few months and my headaches were better immediately. After therapeutic treatment of 2x a week, I am now just going for maintenance once a month. I couldn't imagine not going as I feel it helps keep me healthy!

Raeann11
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

They will talk you through it. When I had my first appointment. I remember watching a video and meeting him. There are different kind of chiropractors. So there can be differences between.

Mine uses a scope thing that will read which side is acting up more. He will also feel in those area's and ask which hurts more. We  could not do an x-ray at the time. I was pregnant. They do this to get a look at what you back looks like.

You will be sore for a little bit. But it gets better and you will go less and less in time. We know only go when is needed. I have gone 4 months before. Some go longer.

littlelambe2
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM
In response to pp last paragraph: I choose to go once a month. Dh goes about 2-3 times a year. I didn't want you, op, thinking you'd have to go monthly for maintenance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN