Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

butt rash

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM
  • 15 Replies

My 2 year old dd has this bad looking rash on her butt it been there for a long time.  They are raised red bumps. I wasn't thinking yeast because its her butt not vagina but could it still be yeast? It doesn't seem to bother her. The butt paste doesn't seem to be doing anything for it.  Any suggestions on what to do?

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM
From what I understand, red bumps mean yeast. It can be on her butt. It can be on boy butts too, it's not limited to just vaginas.
If she's in cloth, put her in disposables because yeast lives in cloth and can reinfect. You need to kill the yeast in the cloth AND cure the infection before she goes back in cloth.
Tea tree oil in olive oil with kill any infection- yeast or otherwise. You can add lavender oil to soothe as well. You can also use jojoba oil, coconut oil, or other carriers instead of olive oil if you'd like. If its not yeast, these will help anyway (jojoba oil is cd safe). Just stay far, far away from mineral/baby oil, petroleum, or lanolin products.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Thank you! So mix tto with one of those to put on her butt? And washing the diapers with tto will get rid of it?

Quoting jellyphish:

From what I understand, red bumps mean yeast. It can be on her butt. It can be on boy butts too, it's not limited to just vaginas.
If she's in cloth, put her in disposables because yeast lives in cloth and can reinfect. You need to kill the yeast in the cloth AND cure the infection before she goes back in cloth.
Tea tree oil in olive oil with kill any infection- yeast or otherwise. You can add lavender oil to soothe as well. You can also use jojoba oil, coconut oil, or other carriers instead of olive oil if you'd like. If its not yeast, these will help anyway (jojoba oil is cd safe). Just stay far, far away from mineral/baby oil, petroleum, or lanolin products.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Yes to the mixture. No to washing.

You have to sun bleach cloth to kill yeast. Or use regular bleach in the wash. Or boil them.
I have even soaked diapers in the strongest EOs there are to no avail. Vinegar as well. Yeast sucks!

Quoting Brandy85412:

Thank you! So mix tto with one of those to put on her butt? And washing the diapers with tto will get rid of it?

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:24 PM

ok thanks! I should take advantage of all this sun we have been getting then....

Quoting jellyphish:

Yes to the mixture. No to washing.

You have to sun bleach cloth to kill yeast. Or use regular bleach in the wash. Or boil them.
I have even soaked diapers in the strongest EOs there are to no avail. Vinegar as well. Yeast sucks!

Quoting Brandy85412:

Quoting jellyphish:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Good info, thanks.  Hope DD feels better.

Brandy85412
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:16 PM
The tto has worked well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurade024
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Ok so no joke my dd had it so bad. I mean yeast up her legs up her back it was bad and just happened over night me being first time mom freaked out. And called the dr. He suggested mylanta on a cotton ball and the dab it on her effected area. Worked and within 2 diaper changes later. It was all gone. Amazing

Quoting Brandy85412:

The tto has worked well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Quoting Brandy85412:

The tto has worked well!

good!!

Natural Birth & Parenting Mod

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Good to hear!

Quoting Brandy85412:

The tto has worked well!

PolishMamma2
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Vinegar,, I think its 1teaspoon per 1/2 cup of water. And add it to your laundry when washing undies...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)