Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Doula dad!!

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM
  • 14 Replies
So with both my boys my father was basically my doula!! It wasnt planned that way but thats what happened! Lol!! With ds1 my whole family was in the room(including my grandmother who birthed 3 boys) and my dad just stepped up and coached, my midwife was the one who started calling him my doula. My husband sat at my side with huge eyes barely breathing and my mom did what she does best, panic and piss me off :)!! Lol!
Then with ds2 I thought "i got this, this time!"....wrong halfway through I told dh (who was def more helpful this time around!!) To get my dad, haha.
So who was there during your birth and who helped the most??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:53 PM
With my first I had leg labor so my husband and mom massaged my legs for 6 hours and with my seco I was totally in control. My husband was there and very supportive but I really didn't require any coaching.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Tons of nurses and 2 doctors and my hubby with my first (it was intense and scary). And just 7 weeks ago just my hubby and a nurse and doctor at the end. My husband is a killer support when I am in labor and delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hippie.Gypsy
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM

My mother. With DS I had my midwife, her assistant in my home and room...but my mom was probably my biggest supporter...she had 5 boys and me (6 kids) all in the hospital but she supported my decision for a homebirth and was there through it all with me and even delivered DS and cut his cord. I had back labor from beginning to end, from 1236 am to 528 am... and went completely neurotic lol (one minute asking if the midwife was positive she didn't have any pain killers in her bag during a contraction, the next snapping at my mom because she offered to go get me Tylenol when the contraction was over).

Mrs.Salz
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Just my DH and he was great. I couldn't have done it without him.

I liked it so much that next time it will be just the two of us, no midwife.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:38 PM

two emergency sections so just my fiance and the hospital staff in the OR but my mom waited in my room both times. My fiance both times held my hand and talked to me. Calmed me as good as he could. If I ever get my natural birth he will be the only non staff member allowed near me

VintageWife
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM

1st My hubby, midwife and her assistants. They all helped in there own special way. Our midwife and her assistants helped out more. But hubby was also learning how to help me.

2nd It was hubby, two of my sisters for a bit, the back up doula that we did not get to meet(our doula MIL passed away the night before, we had an appt to meet with the other one the next week but baby came 4 weeks early), the nurse and Dr and NIUC people. Just way to many people. My hubby was my greatest help.

3rd it was hubby, our two girls, my sister, midwife and doula. My hubby was wonderful till the midwife and doula got there. Then they let him eat and see how the girls were doing adn make a few phone call. But my midwife was awesome at getting me the most relaxed.

Autumn355
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Thats so great!! Ppl ask me why my mom wasnt the one helping....um cause we would have killed eachother, lol!
Seriously she just had a nervous break down (no joke) over her dog (who is fine btw)

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

My mother. With DS I had my midwife, her assistant in my home and room...but my mom was probably my biggest supporter...she had 5 boys and me (6 kids) all in the hospital but she supported my decision for a homebirth and was there through it all with me and even delivered DS and cut his cord. I had back labor from beginning to end, from 1236 am to 528 am... and went completely neurotic lol (one minute asking if the midwife was positive she didn't have any pain killers in her bag during a contraction, the next snapping at my mom because she offered to go get me Tylenol when the contraction was over).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:20 PM
My mom, 2 midwives, and DH.

BTW--when my mom was a midwife, my dad was her assistance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erica_Smerica
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM

That's awesome! So cool that he was there for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)