Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Hi! My name is Jessica and I'm new to the group!

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM
  • 11 Replies
Like I said my name is Jessica and my DD is 10 months old.She's very attatched to me but I feel we could be even closer.I'm intrested in the "Crunchy Mom" lifestyle. I just have no idea where to begin.Also I'd love to have my own garden so any tips would be appreciated along with any books,websites,or blogs on being "Crunchy",green living,and natural/attatchment parenting.I cant wait to meet ya'll! :) (Oh yeah,I'm from Georgia BTW lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bananas.mommy
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bananas.mommy
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Welcome to the group. I have no advice on gardening. Any time we try and grow anything the plants die! I leave it to the local farmers lol.

Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Welcome to the group!!!

gbcmom
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Hi! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Welcome to the group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Pinterest is actually really good for homemade natural cleaners and gardening tips
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Best gardening tip I have: find a LOCAL greenhouse! Don't go to lowes for plants. Local can help you on what grows well in your area with the type of soil you have. I live in what's called the Sandhills (no dirt, all sand) and have had a very successful garden from the local greenhouse tips : ) also the plants are already acclimatized so they grow much better.
Pick out a space, measure it and watch for a week on how much sun it gets. AM sun, afternoon or all day makes a difference in what you can grow. In GA your best is AM since its "cooler" sun. Take your sun chart and garden measurements with you to the greenhouse and they can help with what to plant and spacing. Don't crowd too much in. Also check with local farms they usually give out manure for free (not that gross since its plant based cow or horse). I love gardening : )
cemcnair
by Courtney on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Welcome! This group is great for attachment and gentle parenting info. Check out Green Living for good homemade cleaning recipes and gardening tips!
Glad to have you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)